10 / The truth is out

Ree's Pov

The steady beep from the machine was what woke me up. Glancing around I saw I was in the hospital and my stomach dropped. The memories flooded my weary mind overwhelming it while trying to drag it back into the dark pit of nothingness.
"I see you're awake," That's when I notice the nurse coming in with a small trolly.
I just nod watching her place a few plates in front of me along with a bottle of water before leaving quickly leaving me in silence.

A few moments later a man in white enters the room clipboard in hand.
"Nurse Emily told me you had finally woken up," He smiled softly pulling a chair up beside the bed "So would you like me to fill you in..." I nod waiting for him to continue.
"So a few months have passed," He paused waiting for my reaction.
"Months?" I whisper in shock seeing him nod.
"You body shut down forcing you into a coma which you did wake up from after almost four months but we had to force you into a medical one after we saw that your body was still struggling to heal," He flipped through the papers scribbling a few things down.

"How many months...Has it been all together?" I whisper as he looked at me with pity.
"Altogether...It had been eight months...But your body has fully healed and we gave you treatment for the many scars you seemed to have so hopefully they will have faded by now."
"Thank you..." I mumble sitting up slowly.
"But we will need your full name so we can call some family maybe a friend," 
"Willow Aria Wilt," His eyes widened as he nodded quickly exiting the room.

=======================

It was about an hour until the doctor came back with a police officer trailing behind him. I knew it was probably because I had been missing for 6 months as well as the 8 months in the hospital so that would make it one year and four months...They probably gave up after a few months...I wasn't anyone special.

"Willow this is officer Sayers...He will just be asking you a few questions which include you and your disappearance," I just nod waiting for the officer to begin.
"First of all do you know how long you were kept captive?" His voice was deeper than I thought startling me a bit but I nod.
"Six months and apparently eight months here..." My voice was weak compared to his.
"Did they do anything to you? Harm you in any way?" He was cautious with phrasing the question worry clear in his voice.

"Other than a few beatings no...Not really they went for the mental pain mainly," He gave me a questioned look before I continue "Insults...They did their research on me trying to use my past to 'break me' because I was just their entertainment...Well, that's what I was told," I don't look the officer in the eye but instead at my hands.
"And how did you escape them?" This was the question he was really interested in but I didn't blame him really...

"I had been memorising the patrols they had around the cells...Listened to their convocations trying to work out the characters of the different guards in attempts to find out which one had the shortest fuse. So after I managed to work everything out I was able to get one guard into my cell and I knocked him out using the chains and choking him. I didn't kill him though... I timed the patrols and managed to get out the front door. There stood a motorbike so I jumped on it managing to ramp up the walls and over...But they shot me in the shoulder and I was too scared to stop so I went faster instead. I didn't realize how fast I was truly going and how weak my arm was...And when my arm lost grip I was flung off the bike and into a tree...It started a fire after exploding but a couple driving past managed to get me here. That's it," I look up to see him writing down notes.

"You are a very brave woman miss Wilt," He smiles before continuing "Now do you know who the group called themselves? Any names they mentioned?"
"I heard them saying something about another gang trying to attack...The Brotherhood or something like that... but that The Abandoned were going to beat them. The rest I didn't understand,"

"That's fine. Don't push yourself," He scribbles it down before looking at me "Just one more question...Do you know why they specifically went for you? Any know motives maybe some enemies?"
I shake my head "I keep to myself stay out of trouble. I don't know anyone who would..." That's when my heart fell and I knew who organized it...My Aunt and Uncle wanted me dead. They wanted me gone. Forever this time.

"No...I don't know anyone," I whisper but he could tell I was lying.
"Miss Wilt we need you to co-operate if we are to catch the ones who did this to you," The only thing in his tone was pure pity.
"My...My Aunt and Uncle might be the ones who did this..." I whisper and before I know it he is leaving me alone in silence. 
Throwing back the thin sheet they tried passing off as a blanket I swing my legs around the side of the bed. Hesitantly I begin shuffling towards the door and out into the hallway 

I let out one long exaggerated sigh sinking further into the stiff bed sheets. My mind repeated possible scenarios that could happen to me after admitting this. Teasing and taunting me about my fate and that I was no longer as safe from my aunt and uncle. They will most likely kill me if they ever see me again but...I don't think that's such a bad thing anymore.

It had been a few hours now and the sun was setting flashing shades of oranges and blues through the large window. I had yet to see officer sayers since he had left but something in the back of my mind was telling me this wasn't the end.

It was never the end...

--------

Thank you guys so much for 1.5K reads! It is truly amazing and im so happy so many of you are enjoying the story!

Dont forget to vote and i will see you all in the next chapter!

-T xox