ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ sᮇᮠᮇɮ: ʜᎏ᎜sᮇ ᎏғ ᎍᎇᎍᎏʀɪᎇs

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ: ʜᴏᴜs ғ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs

ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

                              "SO, LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT," you said, pacing up and down the room with your hands in the air, thoughts running wild. "My dad discovered this blue cube – which also just so happens to be an energy source – years ago on one of his missions; he brought it back here, to S.H.I.E.L.D, in hopes to make sense of it, except that no one could. No one, except Agent Smith, who is now under Hydra's control, because apparently, Hydra knows something about it that we don't. Most likely, a way to cause mass amounts of damage. Which is why they launched that attack on HQ – so that they could steal it. What's more is, my dad decided to name the cube 'Snowflake', which was also his nickname for me, hence Hydra believes that I'm the key to unlocking Snowflake's full potential. Also, the man they sent in to steal it – and me – is the same person who killed my parents. AKA The Asset."

"Correct," The Director nodded.

"And why the fuck didn't you tell me all of this months ago?"

"Language," Agent Coulson warned, prompting you to glare at him.

"Because none of it made sense then," The Director explained, standing up from his seat and walking over to you. "There was no indication that Snowflake and you were related at all. Until now." He gestured to your necklace, which the tech analysts were urgently examining.

"Sir," one of them piped up, swivelling in their chair. "It appears that there was some kind of microchip inside of it. Most of the information is nonsensical, but we're working on it."

"Nothing Agent (Y/L/N) did was nonsensical," The Director hummed. "There's something there, we just have to figure out how to look for it."

"Well, that's just great," you huffed, plopping down on the leather couch in the middle of the room. "I've been unknowingly walking around with the secret to the end of my world around my neck for the past five years."

"You're lucky we took you in when we did," Brendon added, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "Else Hydra would've gotten to you before we even realised what was going on."

"So it's a good thing my parents were murdered then?" you snapped, shooting hateful glances at your bodyguard. "Because if they were still alive then S.H.I.E.L.D wouldn't have the upper hand? Is that it?"

"That's not what I m-"

"Whatever," you waved your hand dismissively. "So, since I'm probably the only one who will be able to decode whatever the hell it is that my father cooked up over there, I'm guessing that I'm more of a priority now than ever. Meaning, my bodyguard over there," you lazily pointed at Brendon, "will be more attached to me than usual, right?"