ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ: ɪ'ᴍ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ: ɪ' ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ

ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

"JAMESON?" Aaron offered, holding up the whiskey bottle for your view. When you declined, he asked if he could get you anything else.

"No, thank you. I'm good."

"Just say if you need anything," he said, crossing the room to seat himself on the sofa opposite from the one you were sitting on.

"The only thing I need is your help," you chuckled, shifting backwards into a more comfortable position.

"Of course," he sipped from his whiskey glass before setting it down on the coffee table midway between you two and extending a hand towards you, tilting his head, "Fire away. What do you need?"

"You're an expert on Norse mythology, yes?"

"That I am," he confirmed.

"What can you tell me about Asgard?"

The doctor hummed as he ran a hand over his mouth. "You want the summarised version or the one with all the trimmings?"

"I want to know everything."

His lips twitched upwards. "Very well. So, according to Asgardian legend, in the beginning there was nothing, but in time, two worlds came into being on opposite sides of the void..."

Aaron continued to recount the entire history and lore of Asgard to you, who listened with extreme attentiveness and concentration. He told you about the creation of the first Frost Giant, Ymir, and the birth of Borr, who would later on father the three brothers Odin, Vili and Vé. He spoke of how the brothers slew Ymir, and created a home for themselves, calling it Asgard. And between the two worlds of Asgard and Midgard (earth), they stretched a rainbow bridge and called it Bifröst.

He explained how Odin came to be king, after his father and youngest brother Vé, died in battled, and how he and his only remaining brother Vili, fought as Asgard's greatest warriors. Aaron explained what happened during the battle of Jotunheim, and how Odin came to adopt his son Loki, as well as come into possession of the Tesseract. He told you about the birth of Thor, as well as the appointment of Vili as the Protector of the Tesseract.

It was at that point that you interrupted.

"Vili," you spoke, "what was he the god of?"

"Motivation."