ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ ғɪғ᎛ᎇᎇɎ: ᎅʀᎏ᎘ ᎇᎠᎇʀʏ ᎘ʀᎇ᎛ᎇɎsᮇ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴅʀᴏᴘ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴs

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ sᴍᴀʀᴛ-ᴀss; ɪᴛ ᴘɪssᴇs ᴍᴇ ᴏғғ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

          COUGHING AND SPLUTTERING, THE ASSET LET OUT A FEW CHOKED CHUCKLES WHEN BRENDON DREW HIS HEAD OUT OF THE BUCKET OF ICE WATER.

"Ya know," the assassin croaked, "for people who claim to be the good guys, you sure are tremendous at torturing people. Too bad I've already been through worse; else I mighta just cracked and told you everything."

"Believe me, this is not a fraction of what I'm gonna put you through if you don't start talking."

With a smug look on his wet and bruised face, the assassin threw up his hands as best he could while still in the restraints. "I am talking, aren't I?"

With a low growl, Brendon swung his arm against the bucket with a force that sent it flying against the reinforced-glass window, forming a crack and sending water droplets flying everywhere. Lunging forward, he grabbed the back of the assassin's thick head of hair, tilting his head back and delivering a stunning punch before grabbing his jaw and yanking his face towards him.

"Don't get smart-ass; it pisses me off," he hissed, hovering inches away from the battered man's face, "Now, I'm gonna ask you one more time... Where. Is. Hydra. Based."

The assassin stared at Brendon blank faced, before his lips cracked into a twisted smile. "Why don't you ask your precious little snowflake? I'm sure she could track it."

With the intention of delivering another blowing punch, Brendon drew his fist back, but the voice exploding over the PA system stopped him.

"Agent Urie, that's enough. Stand down."

With extreme reluctance and at a snail's pace, Brendon lowered his fist, grinding his teeth. He shot the prisoner a final icy glare before turning around and exiting the glass encasement. When he reached the control room, he was met with the disapproving face of The Director.

Disregarding any need for words, The Director turned sharply on his heel and exited the control room. Brendon followed him out.

"Do you mind telling me what the hell that was?"

"I was getting him to talk, sir."

"Oh you were, were you?" The Director chuckled darkly. "Well, from where I stood, it looked like you were more focused on getting him to bleed than to talk."

Brendon opened his mouth to speak, but the appearance of his superior's index and middle fingers in the air silenced him.

"The only reason I assigned Agent Corvey to take over your duty and monitor (Y/N) so that you could interrogate Ward is because you're my best agent. But your actions just now are making me question if that decision was the right one to make."