A New Destiny Begins

I woke up and Opel was crying over me, I tried to stand up but I couldn't. Opel then calmed down and helped me to my feet and she walked me to the bathroom. "Does your dad have a first aid kit?" I tried to answer her but then I started coughing like I was gonna hack up a lung. I then puked blood into the sink. "Oh shit no time for cleaning we have to get you to the house of night or you'll die." She quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me outside then started making a call on her phone. "Hey dad are you close to us I don't know how much longer she can make it hurry dad!" She then hung up her phone and her dad soon pulled into the driveway with my dad right behind him. My dad jumped out in a panic and tried to run to me but Opel's dad then picked me up and put me in the car then he turned around facing my dad. "You're lucky I haven't called the cops about you beating your own child now you better not follow us or so help me I'll beat you to a pulp!" Opel then grabbed her dad's arm. "Dad we don't have time for this." They both then got in the car and Opel's dad drove us to the house of night and an adult vampire was there waiting for us. Opel's dad carried me in as we were led into the school and the vampire fledglings were starring at me as we walked past all of them they were shocked when they saw me like I wasn't a normal marked fledging. I was laid on a hospital bed, the vampire then put her finger to my forehead healing it like the tracker except hers wasn't a glow, it just was painless and gentle. Everything then seemed to calm down and Opel grabbed my hand and then she looked at the vampire. "Is she gonna be ok now? I can't lose my best friend."
"Don't worry she'll be fine now that she is here safe and sound."
"Her father might come for her, he beats her."
"That explains the bruises but as the high priestess I Johanna give you my sworn oath that he will not lay a finger on her as long as I'm here." "As high priestess I Johanna give you my solid oath that your friend is in good hands." Opel then started digging into her backpack pulling out a mirror and she held it out to me. "You might want to look at yourself there's something you should see." I held up the mirror and there was a red crescent moon but it was already filled in and just beneath the moon on my forehead was a red dot like they use in Indian cultures. I looked to the high priestess confused. "What does this mean?" I asked and she moved closer to me. "It means that you're a new kind of fledging dear and that you are special to the vampire goddess Nyx."