[1] - [ Silence ]

I should have stopped you from walking out the door.
~~~

The door slammed shut as tears welled in my eyes. There you went. Gone, without a single word to say.

"You bastard..." Stupid. It was stupid, I know. I never should have let you leave like that.

~~~~

It was just like any other day. Otabek had come over to Russia to train with us. Nothing different than how we'd usually hang out, so everything was fine.

Otabek and I were hanging out after practice at my Grandpa's house. It's only been a few months since the Grand Prix Finale, so their wasn't really much competition for a while.

Looking through Instagram, I sigh. Seeing all the photos from the banquet, especially the ones at the club anger me. I'm the youngest skater there. I can't go to the clubs. "...ugh."

"Hmm? What is it, Yuri?" Otabek asked, looking over my shoulder to see the pictures on my phone.

"Nothing. Just...frustrated."

"About the clubs in Barcelona?"

"...yeah." I looked to the side. "I still wanted to go to one."

"Yuri...you were only 15."

"But I'm 16 now!"

"That's still too young."

"Of course you say that, Otabek..." I paused to look at him, pouting. "You're a DJ. You go to clubs all the time."

"I know."

I looked at Otabek nervously. "...couldn't you have let me in?"

"..." He just stared at me for a second. "You weren't the only one underage."

Huh? He's avoiding the question. "I know, I know. But that doesn't answer my question!"

"... Yuri. That's illegal."

"So? I've done risky stuff before."

"Nothing that could get you arrested."

"...ngh." I grunted in response. He was right. Despite all the daring things I've done, none if it was that bad. Still, it frustrated me. "...couldn't you at least try? A little?"

"No." Otabek replied quickly, without any hesitation.

"Hah? Why the hell not?! I'm your friend, right?"

"Friends wouldn't get friends into trouble. Especially wouldn't get them arrested."

"But..." He's right. I know, but he could at least have a little fun. "That's not fun at all! It's fun to do stuff like that, you know?"

"Fun until you get caught."

"I wouldn't get caught! I'm good a blending in."

Otabek sighed. "You got caught immediately in Barcelona."

"That-" I stopped myself, then continued. "That was just on impulse! I didn't think that through..."

"...that's why it's a bad idea." Otabek turned to look at me. "You rush into things to fast."