Chapter 4

Turns out Del didn’t save me that pasta. So I was hungry the rest of the day. Thank goodness that day wasn’t a long one. I looked dow watch and sighed. My class with Chase awaits. I took my seat and opened my book trying to look interested. Who was I kidding, I hate this class!

“Ready to finish this project after school partner?” I looked up at Chase as he sat in his seat.

“Sure, but don’t you have practice after school?” I smirked and took out my infamous purple pen.

“Not going. Told the coach and the guys I had more important matters to attend to today.” He laughed as I rolled my eyes.

“Fine, hope you don’t mind that Delfina will be joining us. You know she’s moral support.” I smiled. He frowned and shrugged.

“I’ll find a way to get rid of her.” He smirked and turned in his seat so he was facing the teacher.

“And how do you plan on doing that?” I leaned in to whisper in his ear. He shivered and I smiled. I don’t know why I was happy I got such a response out of him.

“I’ll just carry you up to the bedroom, lock the door, and demand she leaves or you get it.” He said.

“Get what?” I asked. He did just catch my curiosity.

“If she comes you’ll find out.” He craned his neck to me and winked then turned back around.

“Freak” I muttered and leaned back in my chair.

When class was over I walked out and Chase kept pace.

“We may be going to the same house, but I don’t know why you’re following me.” I said annoyed. I stuffed my book in my bag as I walked down the hall.

“To make this more romantic we’re walking to your house.”

“You’re being sarcastic right?” I turned eyeing him. He shook his head and held up an umbrella.

“I’ll make sure not to get the princess wet in case it rains.” He faked concern and we walked out of the building. I must admit the walk wasn’t all bad. If I ran he wouldn’t keep up. Chase was more a sprinter not long distance, but I decided to walk with him instead. By the time we made it to my house we were sweaty and disgusting.

“I think we deserve a well needed shower.” He muttered behind me and I chuckled.

“I’m gonna have to agree with you on that.” I laughed and opened the door.

“Finally” He yelled and grabbed both of my hands.

“What are you doing?” I asked frantically as he walked me up the stairs.

“Gotta get you out of those clothes so we can take our shower.” He smirked looking me up and down.

“You dirty little creep.” I snatched my hand away and walked back down the stairs.

“You take your shower upstairs and I’ll be down here.” I shouted and he groaned. He stood at the top of the stairs smirking.

“Fine, I’ll get you later though.” He threatened. He took of his shirt and threw it at me.

“Why would I want you’re sweaty shirt?’ I yelled and threw it in the garbage can.

“Jerk!” he yelled when he saw what I did. I giggled in response and went to take a shower. 20 minutes later I came out slipped on some shorts and shirt that I keep on the rack by the shower. I left the bathroom clean as a whistle. It felt good to be clean.

“Let’s get down to work.” Chase yelled. I jumped and hit the wall behind me.

“I forgot you were here.” I screamed holding my chest.