Ready or Not

(Logan in picture to the right)

“I hate you.” I whispered toward the jerk in front of me.

          “You’re not any better.” He shrugged in front of me. Please get me out of this class before I strangle him. I turned my head to the clock to see we still have 20 minutes left in Psycology. Ugh why am I so hated?

          “At least I don’t mooch off of my parents money.” I told him in a singsong voice and he tensed.

          “I don’t mooch. Don’t be mad just because you’re broke.” He snapped at me.

I growled at him ending the conversation. How dare he talk about me being ‘broke’? My family had money just not as much as his. He’s probably mad just like everyone else on this campus. I’m a charity case to these people because the only way I got into this school was because of a scholarship and some brains. Now I had to hear it from the student body every time I walk into the room. I have only made a few friends here and the rest are enemies. Especially the douche bag sitting in front of me right now. Mr. Chase Carter. The bad boy of all bad boys. He has a different girl every week and he thinks he’s a god. He may be hot, but his entire attitude is destroying it.

          “Why do you think you’re so much better than me?” I asked slowly. He turned around in his seat  and grinned evilly at me.

“Because I am sweetheart.”

“Don’t call me that.”

“What…sweetheart?” He smiled.

“If I remember correctly Hailey is your sweetheart right now.” I smiled as he frowned slightly.

“Whatever peanut.” He winked and turned back into his seat. Get me out of here! After some droning from the teacher we were finally able to leave. I jumped from my seat and rushed out of the class. I had my bag with my books and I ran to the exit. Why am I running? I’m going to see Chase either way it goes. My brother is having him and some of the guys over to watch a football game tonight. Worst of all I always see him. I’m friends with his sister. When I’m over there to hang out with her there he is. All of my brother’s close friends have sisters. I’m close friends with all of the sisters. So wherever I run I’m stuck in a never ending chain.

On my way to the car I see the demon child. Low and behold the devil himself was leaning against the passenger door making out with his girlfriend.

“Get off my car you freak.” I said standing next to him. He pulled himself from his girlfriend. He turned to me smiling cockily.

“Is someone jealous that they don’t have a boyfriend?”

“No someone is just pissed that she can’t get in the car.” I growled lowly. He rolled his eyes.

“Babe let’s get off the car. No need to make her mad.” I would’ve thought she was being nice if she hadn’t sneered at me.