Chapter 7

I go down the stairs anxiously hoping to watch some T.V, but somehow my feet are thinking the kitchen. My poor stomach has been growling in protest ever since I decided on skipping that dinner that Kylie made. It would have been too awkward sitting at the table with Chase while Kylie grilled me about my date. Now that I think about it I have not eaten in awhile. With that thought in mind I zoom down the stairs and grab the container of leftover chicken and rice that Kylie made. I went to the cupboard and took out a can of green beans too.

"Where is the can opener?" I whistle and bend over to see if there can possibly be anything in the lower cabinets.

"It's in the dish washer." I hear the voice and a quite scream escapes. I turn and see Chase smiling. I have to say that is a major change. He is more of the cocky smirking type.

"Thanks, I'm really hungry." I mutter and grab the can opener from the dish washer and put the container of food in the microwave, but Chase has already done it for me. I look at him and he has on long black pajama pants and a black T-shirt. His bronze skin shone in the little light the hallway provided. I was left ogling at him until he literally snapped me out of my thoughts.

"You are awake right?" He asks laughing and sitting on the counter. I look at him questioningly and giggled.

"Uhm, yes it just felt like I was in a fairytale for a minute. What are you doing up?"

"I just had a few things on my mind. How was your date?" He asks me bitterly, but still managing to keep a phony smile plastered on his face. I sigh deeply and tell him the honest truth.

"It was really fun actually. We went to a coffee shop and just talked. Do you know what the best part was?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows. He shrugs looking me in the eyes.

"He didn't try to hide the fact that he knew me." I whispered and he gave me a dark chuckle.

"I'm trying to protect you, Logan. Those guys are harsh and I didn't want you there to hear them try and talk about you. What I really want is a date with you though." I gasp at his forwardness and take a step away from him.

"Chase you still have a girlfriend that you are apparently supposed to be proposing to soon. Worst of all I have a best friend who is madly in love with you. What do I look like going on a date with you?!" I scoff at his insensitivity. Chase jumps from the counter and leans in front of me.

"You will be doing something for yourself without caring about what your friends want. Or what predicament I happen to be in. Next week me and you." He adds smiling and jogs back up the stairs as if he was having a one person conversation!

"Too cocky for his own good." I growl and go back to sit on the couch with the hot food in my hands. The next morning when I woke up it was not to a pretty sight. Well actually both guys are incredibly handsome, but they happened to be arguing with each other.

"I never knew you liked her. I saw a pretty girl and decided to take the chance." Bentley has his strong arms crossed over his chest in a defiant flare. Chase was glaring back at him and his lean muscle, thanks to soccer, was on show for all to see. He had take off his black shirt and I was left speechless. These two amazingly sexy men were arguing in front of me while I was supposed to be asleep on the couch in the living room. I really don't want to interrupt, but I kinda do. I smiled to myself slyly.

"When I said I'm feeling this girl named Logan and describe her to you point by point...how do you not think I like her!?" Chase points outs standing closer to Bentley. Bentley, however, only smirked and motioned his head toward me.

"She seemed to like our date a lot to me. And Chase you have a sexy girl who is in love with you. Stop being such a brat and keep your prize. Let me have Logan." Bentley insists and that's when I'm pissed enough to sit up on the couch. Both men look my way and I'm blinded by how much raw appeal they are emanating.