Chapter 9

I am walking around school like a spy. Well more of an untrained, unprepared spy with two left feet. When I am actually trying to stay hidden I stand out the most. Two people have already approached me asking help about something or telling me they liked my clothes. In retrospect it wasnt such a good idea to wear sparkly blue flats and a halter dress that was unbelievably cute, but I wanted to look good for my guy. Or guys? How could I not say no to Bentley?! The only thing I can think to do is just not show up, but I did not want Chase mad at me.

"Are you mental or can you just not hear me?" I glance up dazed and Kylie is all in my personal space.

"What?" I mutter taking two necessary steps back.

"Chase has been looking for you all day. You seem a little occupied. Are you okay?" She looks into my eyes searching for a sign of mental incapacity. I shook my head and smiled.

"Of course, but I do a have a tinsy problem that may cause a scene." I muttered looking at my feet. Then I proceeded to tell Kylie of my horrible timing and how I may mess up everything. She patted my shoulder and said, "You got yourself into this mess, so I hope you can get out of it." Kylie told me she would meet up with me later. My classes were over for the day and I decided to find Lucy.

I called her phone, but there was no response. She can't be this mad at me can she? I wandered around campus aimlessly and without a clear sense of direction. Bentley showed interest in me, but it seemed like Chase did not notice me until I started hanging out with Bentley. I have always hated love triangles and today is no different.

"Hello wifey. You are very hard to find." I spin around and stare into the Chase's eyes. He can not find out about my date, ever. I laugh nervously and playfully punch his shoulder. He grabs his shoulder in shock and smiles awkwardly.

"That kind of hurt. Want to hang out with me until the game?" he asks grabbingg my hand and kissing my knuckles.

"I have some stuff to...umm take care of at home. I will be back though. Bye." I say quickly and run out to the parking lot. Robert never should have given me his keys. I am driving this baby out of here like a speed demon. When I make it to the house all I can do is hide behind my door as if that will hide me from my shame.

"Okay you can do this. Go to the game. Meet up with Bentley and tell him the truth. That..." that what? Chase is a child who wants what he can't have. Bentley, I don't know what he does. I can only find one answer to my dilemma. I picked up my phone and sent a text to Lucy :Hey, I'm sorry but you have to come to the game. I think you will appreciate what you get. I slipped my phone into my pocket and went back to the school.

I am sitting here in the stands and I get a text from Bentley: I'm here. At bottom of stands. Come see me. A smile envelopes me and I go down the seats and give Bentley a hug and he twirls me around. I smile up at him and he smiles back at me.

"You look nice. Is this for me?" He grabs my hips forcefully that a scream almost escapes me. I look around to make sure nobody is calling the police for his forward behavior. He pressed me up against him and I shook my head.

"I dress for myself not for guys. So if you wouldn't mind, let go." I growl and he chuckles lessening his hold on me. He continues, however to hold my hand.

"What is this about?" I hear the dreaded voice and bile is close to rising in my throat, scorching my vocal chords. Bentley turns us around and smirks at Chase.

"Told you I would beat you to the punch. Logan agreed to be my date for the night right?" He looks at me and kisses my temple, but keeps his eyes on Chase's face. Chase chuckled darkly.

"I knew this would happen. Can't grow the balls to tell a guy no can you? I'm guessing you're getting in a good fuck tonight?" Tears spring to my eyes, "stop it chase."

"I didn't mean to say that. But why, Logan. I gave up Hailey, a future wife, someone my parents want for me. Am I not good enough for you?" He grins sarcastically and I have to get a handle on this right away.

"I guess my decision was right. Chase, Bentley, I hope both of you find a girl who can take your bull shit in stride. I can't." I looked around and Lucy was walking to the stands. I called her over and she walked over to me cautiously. I grabbed her arm and pushed her into Chase's arms. She giggled, but Chase looked at me questioningly.

"Have fun you two. And for you Bentley, go back to another country and see if you can find a girl there. Have a good game Chase; I have more important things to attend at the moment." I walked off like the perfect ending to a novel about a stong-willed woman. The women in the books, though, do not storm off with fat tears rolling uncontrollably down their face for all to see. The only ones who did not see were the three I left behind.

"Logan!!!" It was only one person who screamed out my name. It was Chase. He ran up beside me and grabbed my hand.

"I'm not letting you go so easily. Come on." He runs with my hand still latched in his. We leave the field with his coach yelling furiously behind us.

"Where are we going?!" I yell over the uproar on the field. We run out to the bus stop and he turns to me and smirks. He wipes the remaining tears on my cheeks.

"The place we will tell our kids about." He smiles and we get on the bus to a new adventure. Lucy is going to lose it. I don't know what to do anymore.