Chapter 8

So here is another chapter and I want to thank those who read, vote, and comment on the story. Constructive criticism is always welcomed and so are compliments of course. So please comment so I know what things I can do to improve this story.

Logan's P.O.V

The absence of light around me as I drove on the expressway to Lucy's house was starting to take strike fear in me. How could a college student still manage to be afraid of the dark will always be a mystery to me. My brother used to lock me in my closet and tell me to face my fears head on. It only ended with me bawling my eyes out in a corner of the dark tight area. However, right now I had to be strong for Lucy because something was causing her tears. I pulled up to her building and rang her doorbell to her apartment number. She had her own apartment and even offered for me to stay with her. Obviously I declined because I fear that the phrase "shoulder to cry on" would be acted upon too often.

The bell buzzed allowing me into the building. I walked up the stairs to her floor and knocked on her door in the filthy hallway. Cleanliness was also not a priority in the dump. The stained wood door opened revealing a vulnerable Lucy with her eyes puffy and red.

"Sweetheart what happened?" I moaned walking in and shutting the door behind us. This was going to be a tough night.

Chase's P.O.V

"Just do it already." I ordered myself. Here I was pacing my room like an idiot as my phone idly sat on my bed. I swear it was mocking me for being such a wimp.

"Please just do it! You are getting on my last nerve!" Kylie screamed from down the hall. I jumped at her loud voice and rolled my eyes. Somebody needs to shut her up.

I took a long glance at my phone and picked it up without thinking of the repercussions. She could cuss me out if she wanted or threaten to tell her dad I don't care! This just needed to be handled. I pressed the number 2 and speed dial kicked in. Why was she on my speed dial anyway? On the third ring she picked up.

"Hello hunnybunch. Just could not stop thinking about me, huh?" Her voice teased me as I imagined her wearing the bare minimum. There was no doubt that she still managed to get a rise out of me, but slowly my dick was rejecting her.

"You got that right. That's why I decided to call." I muttered skimming my finger along the surfboards in my room.

"I think Skype would be more beneficial for this call. Guess what I'm wearing?" She tied to say huskily while still sounding sexy. In my opinion she failed.

"Knowing you, probably nothing." I continued to look at my surfboards longingly. I need to go out and ride this thing again. It has been so long.

"Is something wrong? You sound like sleeping is more interesting than looking at me!" Hailey's whining tone penetrates my thoughts.

"Hail, this ‘us’ thing isn't working. This is the part where most people say, 'can we be friends?' but I really don't want that either." I broke it to her straight. I did not need her thinking there was even a glimmer of hope for us. That's when the yelling started. I’m doing this for Logan.

"Who do you think you are!? You cannot do that to me. I don't what this is all about, but tomorrow I will be at your game like the amazing girlfriend that I am! I end relationships, not you." She growled menacingly and I heard a faint click on the other line. This bitch is crazy. I open my door, and turned to throw my phone back on my bed.

"Kylie you lied to me! I did it and I only feel worse!" I yelled down the hall. I knew to never listen to Kylie, but I was getting desperate. Logan is hyped on avoiding me now I have a psychotic ex-girlfriend to worry about too.