Fatal Voyage (Michael Clifford Fan Fiction)

September 1, 1985

It is day 17 of the expedition and so far there is nothing but sand and muck on the monitors. At the moment, we are located about 400 miles south from Newfoundland, Canada, as captain of this expedition, I...

"Sir! Sir! There's something on the monitors!" My head snapped up at the sound of the first mate calling for me. I immediately dropped my pen, standing up from my seat in the captain's cabin. Rushing toward the sound, I found myself in the computer room of the ship, surrounded by many computer monitors. There was a group of about 5 people gathered around one specific screen so that's where I headed.

"What's going on here? Someone care to explain?"

"Something is on the screen! Look!" I watched as mud accumulated around the camera. A quick glance at the graphs on a nearby screen showed that the unmanned vehicle is about 13,000 feet below sea level. Just as my eyes flick back to the monitor, a light grayish color starts to emerge through the disturbed muck.

By now, everyone in the room had gathered around to see what was happening, yet it was completely silent. You could practically hear everyone's hearts beating, waiting for the mysterious object to be revealed. The curtain of mud slowly sank back onto the sea bed. Then out of the murky darkness a ghostly bow emerged into sight.

The haunting figure of the RMS Titanic has shown itself to the world once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hi everyone! This isn't my first fanfiction, but I think it'll be the only one that I will actually continue. I have a pretty good plot in mind, just be prepared for the worst.

Modern clothing and language maybe?

~Victoria