twenty six

We walk into the reception to the sound of music blaring

We walk into the reception to the sound of music blaring. Grayson spins me in a circle before his arms immediately snake around my waist and he leads me to our table. We sit at the table with our families, giving them hugs and emotional "I can't believe this is real".

Soon enough, Ethan and Emercyn walk in as 'Can't Feel My Face' by the weeknd comes on. This has been their song since '15 and it hasn't and probably will never change. A lot of people get on the dance floor and bust out their best moves.

I make my way onto the dance floor while holding Grayson's hand and finding my way to the most beautiful bride. When I see her, I turn her towards me and engulf her in a hug.

"YOU'RE MARRIED!" I shout over the music.

"I'M MARRIED! AHHH!" She cheers as we laugh.

I give Ethan a hug as well since he is now, my cousin-in-law. I congratulate the both of them even though I did a million times before this very moment.

Soon, it was time for their first dance as a married couple. The song Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Golding softly plays through the speakers as Ethan takes Emercyn's hand in his and brings her to him.

They slow dance a long to the music, swaying ever so softly. Emercyn is full of smiles as Ethan whispers into her ear and she rest her head on his shoulder. I grabbed Grayson's hand and leaned over to kiss him as he begins to tear up as he see's his other half and best friend dancing on their wedding night.

Grayson squeezes my hand and kisses my forehead as I rest my head on his shoulder. He rest his on mine as well before I can hear him quietly humming along to the beautiful song.

At the end of the song, they kiss and Ethan hands her to my Uncle. Ethan walks over to us and Grayson brings him into the biggest hug. I've never seen Grayson so full of emotions in one day, but it has to be because it is hi twin brother who is getting married to the love of his life right now.

After Ethan dances with his mom, the Macarena comes on and almost everyone is on the dance floor dancing. It was quite funny to see as my mom and dad are shimming along to the music and my sister struggles to balance Stella on her hip as she dances as well.

Not long do they cut the cake and feed each other before I am asked to make a speech. I walk over to the microphone and say hello to everyone before turning to the two happiest people in the room.

"Ethan and Emercyn, I can not even begin to explain how incredibly happy I am that the two of you have each other. I still remember to this day, Em and I use to plan our future weddings and guess who our future husbands be would. I am in so happy to see that my cousin has landed in the hands of someone as incredibly loving and caring as yourself, Ethan. I can only hope you will love and protect forever as you always have. I still am in shock that I am standing here making a speech at Emercyn's wedding because I feel like it was yesterday we were just little girls. When Emercyn first moved to Jersey, I was so envious of all the people she had met. She talked so fondly of everyone and she always mentioned this boy but never his name. Little did we know she would fall helplessly in love with him and walk down the aisle to marry him on this day. We are so excited to have you as part of our crazy family, Ethan. Congratulations you two." I raise my champagne glass before stepping off the stage as Grayson takes my place.