Chapter ten

Rubbles POV

"Nope."I said referring to if i found chickaletta."I found her!"Rocky said.Mayor goodway came up and said."Oh Chickaletta!"She picked her up from the corn she was eating on."Thanks paw patrol."She said."Dont worry mayor.When you-"Ryder was imterupted by a sound of russling in the bushes.

When we looked it stopped."Hello?"Ivy said.Just then a pup popped out.She had red white and black fir with some pink streaks.She had brown eyes and she looked down."Uh im so sorry ill leave."She said softly."Wait!"Ryder said.She stopped and turned around.She was shaking and Zuma stepped forward."Don wowwy.We wont huwt you.Whats youw name?"He asked.

She looked down."Valerie."She said."Well.Wewes your ownew?"He asked."I-um dont have one any more."She said."Oh.Wyder!Can we pwease wet hew stay?"He asked."Well she seems to be a good pup.Sure."Ryder said.

"Come with us!"Zuma shouted but softly to not scare her."Um..."She stutterd.Zuma realized the question he asked and sofened up."We wont huwt you we pwomise."Zuma said."O-okay?"She said.they head back to the lookout with the pup.

-Zumas POV

I looked at Valerie who was laying down under the sun.I walked up to her.I knew she was shy so i talked softly."Hey Valerie isnt it?Im Zuma."I say.She looked up."Hi."She said barely audible to hear."Why are you so shy?If you dont mind me asking."I say.

"When i was little I was abandoned on the side of the highway.I was a stray and t was always getting picked on by everyone and lost all my friends.At first i went to the animal shelter and i got a home.But they were extreamly abusive so I ran away.
Ever since ive been a stray.Thats why i am so shy.Its hard to trust people."She said.I was in tears.

"I would nevew abandon you.We will make suwe you awe safe."I say."I pwomise."I whisper so she couldnt here me.