Chapter 2

Soul's P.O.V

It was probably around three in the afternoon when I arrived at the house. Nothing looked like it changed much since the last time I was here, except maybe the cars, but that was about it. From the front of the house anyways... "Soul, welcome home!" I turn to see Mom walking out of the house. I met her half way and she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back. I sure missed her hugs. The thought almost had me crying; almost.

"Feels good to be back."

"So you've got to tell me about everything from when you first went to Death City." I cringed internally. This wasn't going to be fun. "Come inside, we can have some tea. You've grown so much since the last time I saw you and you look happy. I'm so glad." She said as the two walked into the house. She wiped away some tears. "Look at me, being silly." We sat down on the couch.

"I'm sorry for just running away like that." I didn't even say good-bye... She smiled.

"It's okay dear, as long as you come back, that's all that matters to me." She said hugging me again. I'm going to say good-bye this time. What if she dies while I'm away again and I didn't even say good-bye? "So what's been going on?"

"Well the first two weeks, I just kept to myself." She was still hugging me, but I didn't mind. "Then my partner Maka walked up to me one day and demanded that I be her partner." I said chuckling.

"Oh, did you say yes?"

"Not right away." I told her how Maka and I became partners and how we had to move into an apartment together.

"Is she your girlfriend?" I blushed.

"Mom, we're just friends." Really close friends... She chuckled.

"Of course, silly me." But she was still chuckling.

"Anyways, not long after meeting Maka, I came across two other friends, Black Star and Tsubaki."

"Are they Japanese?"

"Yeah, so is Maka actually."

"I can't wait to make Tsubaki and Maka's dresses!" I chuckled.

"You'd like my friends. I'm going to warn you now. Black Star is very... eccentric and loud and can be obnoxious sometimes." She smiled.

"That's alright dear. I bet he'll liven up the party." I nearly groaned.

"Don't tell him that. He already has a big enough head." She laughed.

"Oh?"

"Anyways, I've recently made good friends with Liz, Patty, and Kid."

"Is his name really Kid?" She asked curiously.

"Well his full name is Death the Kid."

"Oh, so he's Lord Death's son?" I nodded. She smiled. "What's he like?"

"Well, he likes, no scratch that, loves symmetry. He honestly goes way too far though." I said sighing thinking of all the fits he threw because something wasn't symmetrical. Mom laughed.

"I'm glad there's someone else out in the world who shares my views." I snickered.

"Kid pretty much said the same thing." She chuckled.

"Well I look forward to meeting your friends. Knowing you, you haven't told them much about home, am I right?" I looked down at my lap feeling ashamed. She lifted my chin with her finger. "It's okay, Soul. I can understand why you didn't tell them. You've had bad memories here."