Chapter 45: The Grand League begins! A fiery rematch!

Hello everyone! It's been a while of posting cause I've been doing so many different things and writing the other story. This is something I probably should take my time with so I don't forget any crucial things... Like leaving out Team Rocket for 20 chapters. So before we get into the actual story I'm gonna try to explain what I want for the tournament. So it's a 32 participant tournament so double the usual since it's a larger tournament. When the final four are selected they don't face each other but challenge one champion and their elite four. It's kinda like a gauntlet run except if one of the elite four or the champion wins they get to advance to the next round. This is because it's a tournament to declare a world champion instead of a regional champ. So since Alola's elite four was weird and they never had a champ in the games it's not an option, and that means the Champs will be Steven, Cynthia, Alder, and Diantha. In this chapter Steven will explain the rules so this will be heard again but with more rules. I won't focus just on Ash's battles, but if the episode isn't about Ash I'll do a Kalos league thing where you see him winning that round. Other than that I hope you all enjoy this chapter and the Tournament arc!

----------------------------

The sun rose and shined down onto the Alola region where hundreds gathered for the Grand league. The late morning was filled with the  sounds of fireworks celebrating the Grand leagues beginning. Ash rushed down to the front with Pikachu and Serena next to him. As the fireworks finally stopped Steven Stone walked out onto a large balcony accompanied by the other three champions from the other regions.

Serena: Wow there are so many champions up there. You've met all of them while I've only met Steven and Diantha. 

Ash: They were all super strong, but I never got to fully challenge any of them.

Serena: This time maybe you'll be able to finish your battle with Diantha.

Ash: That's be awesome!

Serena: I know you'll win this time. The strength and love you have for your Pokemon will take you far enough beyond this tournament and even farther than your dreams.

Ash: Even farther?.... Thanks Serena. As long as I have Pikachu, and you by my side I can't lose.

Serena: I-I.... *Serena blushed by Ash's complement but as she looked back at him he was smiling and slightly blushing too.* Thank you so much Ash.

Ash: You ready Pikachu?

Pikachu: This time we aren't losing! Our strength has tripled since the last league.

Ash: Great then this is gonna be fun!

After a few minutes of everyone conversing amongst each other Steven Stone stood up and walked towards the edge of the balcony where he took a deep breath and got everyone's attention through the mini microphone on his shirt. He was broadcast around the world for everyone to watch.

Steven: Greetings and welcome to the beginning to the worlds first ever Grand league! As your host we do hope the Devon Corporation can provide such a prestigious event. This event brings all of us together and reminds us why we come together to battle. It is not just to fight with ones Pokemon, but to connect with those you battle! Now before I get to the rules I would like to thank Sir Lynx who provided the money needed to host this event. I would also like to thank the Alola region for allowing us to build such an island for this event and providing any participants with Z-crystals. I would like to thank the Champions from the other regions for attending and willing to participate and they wish to have their own words of encouragement. 

The first to speak was Cynthia who was a very kind and helpful to all, but also playful in a way that she wants to battle eagerly.

Cynthia: I wish you all luck. I'll be looking forward to battling those who are strong enough to make it. As with all Champions we are always approachable and will answer any questions. Those who personally know me can have ice cream with me anytime during the off periods.