006

(2 weeks later)

I have been living with Gerard for two weeks seeing as my mom disowned me. Mrs. Way doesn't seem to mind, as long as Gerard and I don't do things. Right now Gerard and I are sitting on his bed watching tv. His room is actually in the basement; we had originally accidentally fallen asleep in his younger brother Mikey's room. Atleast Mikey wasn't home. Gerard has his arm around me and I'm wearing a pair of his sweatpants and his beloved Iron Maden t-shirt. Watching reruns of Batman. It's almost 10:00pm when I start drifting off to sleep. I feel him pull me in close and hold me tighter. I let my dreams take over.

I had a strange dream that my real house was on fire. My mother was screaming and crying and I was apologizing. She was telling me to run. I refused, not being able to leave her behind. Someone came stepping out of the smoke and grabbed my mother from behind. T

The ground opened up and whoever the person was, was dragging her through the ground. I woke up in a cold sweat.

*

Charlotte has called me three times today. She sounded worried. On the fourth call I decide to answer her.

"Vanya? Why haven't you been answering me?! I stopped by your house yesterday but your mother told me that you didn't live there

anymore! Is everything alright?!" She asked an anxiously.

"I've been staying with Gerard since she disowned me," I reply, filling her in on the details.

"I'm coming over right away! Where does he live?"

"Right next to me."

"I'll be there in 10."

~

Charlotte's room was bright from the sunlight. She was digging through her closet until she finally found what she was looking for. A black tight- fitted dress.

"Put this on," she commands.

I sigh, having gotten so used to wearing Gerard's clothes. But I follow her orders and put the dress on. Next she hands me a pair of

black heels with bows on the front, I put those on. She beckons me toward her bathroom and puts the straightener on the ledge of the

sink, plugging in into the wall. After 5 min of waiting for it to heat up she drags it through strands of my hair making it flat and longer.

After this she puts makeup on my and steps back to look at her creation.

"All better!" She purrs.

"Why am I getting all dressed up?"

"I thought you would feel a lot better."

She takes my hand and practically drags me outside. "There's a party at Kaileys house and I'm taking you there. I already told Gerard

and he'll meet us there so don't worry."

Char drives for a few minutes, navigating through the streets. We finally stop in front of Kaileys house and step outside. Gerard is

standing alone on the porch.

"Try not to drink this time." Char mumbles as she pushes pat him.

Gerard frowns, "What's her deal?"

"You smashed her table at her party a while ago. Remember?"

"Oh, yeah."

Gerard takes my hand and leads me inside.

The party was even bigger than Charlottes. Then again, Kailey had a much bigger house considering that her father owned his own

company and has a small fortune. People were grinding again and some people were out back in the pool. After 15 min of wandering

around aimlessly and munching on some of the snacks I finally ran into Kailey.

"OMG! Vanya you made it!" She squeals pulling me into a hug.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!" I say honestly.

"Hey babe, we're out of beer again." Drew says walking up to her. When he sees me he scowls. "What's she doing here?"

"Drew, you know that she's my best friend."

All he does is shrug and walk away.

"What's up with you and Drew?" I ask with my eyebrows raised.

"We've been dating for months. We're completely official now though."

Kailey excused herself after a long conversation. At this point I was bored and having no fun. I wandered around her house again untill

I spotted Gerard standing alone.

"Hey Gee."

"Oh Vanya! I was looking for you!"

"Why?"

"I was bored..."

"Me too."

We both sighed and stood there awkwardly. "Do you want to dance?" Gerard asks suddenly.

"Sure!" I agree.

The two of us walked to the the area where everyone was dancing. Gerard put his hands on my hips as we dance in the crowd of others.

At some point Gerard turns me around and pulls me close.

"You look so nice in that dress." He compliments, "but I prefer you much more in my clothes."

I slide my arms around his neck and sigh, "Oh really?"

"Mmhmm. It's much sexier." He whispers in my ear before pulling me into a kiss.

I hear some people around us gasp, but I don't care. All I can think about is how perfect this kiss is.