009

Vanya's P.O.V

School was a drag. People were whispering all around and I couldn't Gerard anywhere. I raced around the hallways dogging evil glances and someone even put a cross on my locker...how amusing. Since school was over I raced into the parking lot and began looking for him. I finally spotted his head amongst the sea of bobbing heads. I ran. Faster than I ever have in my life. He was getting into his car when I grabbed his wrist. He winces and yelps as he pulls back.

"Gerard?"

"Vanya...I was just going. Don't worry." He mumbles.

"No, Gerard....I love you." the words just slipped out of my mouth.

Gerard looks shocked and sits in his car quietly. "You love me?" He whispers.

"Yes, Gee...I love you."

~

Gerard and I were going back to his place. I lean back in the passenger seat and sigh. Gerard looks over at me and smiles. I smile back. While he looks at the road I study his features. He has a pixie nose, a strong jaw line and the most beautiful hazel eyes I have ever seen.

I turn my head away slightly and notice that his arm is red.

"Gee?"

"Yes?"

"What happened to your arm?"

"I fell down the stairs. Don't worry, it's nothing."

I decide to drop the subject for now. We pull into his drive way and he leads me inside his house. I grab is arm and turn it over. I gasp.

"Gerard!"

"V-Vanya...."

"What did you do?!"

"I'm s-sorry...I was just so depressed."

"Gee...promise to never cut yourself ever again....please?"

He doesn't say anything.

"For me?" I plead.

He nods silently and puts his head down. I don't know what came over me but I felt the overwhelming urge to kiss him. To take away

all of his pain. So I did. He kissed me back and we just stood there kissing. Gerard suddenly breaks away.

"We should probably move out of the door way." He says sheepishly.

"That would be good."

He takes my hand and leads me to his room. He pushes me onto my back on his bed and continues to kiss me. Almost desperately. I

run my hands through his hair and he looks into my eyes.

"Vanya, I love you." He whispers.

I look into his eyes and think to myself, how can someone so beautiful be in so much pain?

~

I had fallen asleep on Gerard's chest. His breathing was even and I could hear his heart beat. I let out a long sigh and I felt him move under me. He puts his arms around my waist and holds me into him. I feel him press his lips delicately to my head.

"Vanya? Are you awake?" He asks softly.

"Yes."

"I love you."

"I love you too Gee."

After a few minutes we both drifted off to sleep...

*

Gerard's P.O.V

When I wake up Vanya is gone. I start to panic, unsure of where she is. I slowly get up and throw on a pair of sweatpants. I begin to

wander the basement untill I see that the bathroom light is on. Yawning slightly, I

Opening the bathroom door. Vanya is standing at the sink looking into the mirror hanging above it. She looks different but the same if that makes sense. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her neck. She places her hands ontop of mine and leans into me. I suddenly realize that I have never seen someone more beautiful and that I never want to love anyone else but her. She closes her eyes and we stand there together, holding each other.

"Promise me something..." I whisper into her ear.

"Anything."

"Promise me that you will never leave me."

"I promise."