030

Gerard's P.O.V

"Mikey!" I shout upstairs and hear my brother fumble around in his room.

"What's wrong? Gerard, what's going on?" he asks frantically running down the stairs.

"I need to pick out a ring for Vanya today, and I was wondering if you would mind hanging out with her while I'm gone?" I ask, "I don't want her to be alone...in case something happens."

"S-sure, Gerard." Mikey nods his head in agreement.

"Thanks so much bro, this seriously means the world to me." I sigh in content.

"Take your time Gee, I'll take care of her." Mikey smiles and I smile back.

"I should be back around dinner time, I have some arrangements to make." I inform and Mikey nods again.

I turn around and walk out the front door. It's a nice day today, really. The sky is pretty clear now that summer is almost here. I turn on my heels to the house on my right. Vanya's old home.

"You have to do this." I mumble to myself as I drag my body up the front porch.

I reluctantly ring the doorbell and wait for an answer.

"Hold on a moment." Vanya's mom call from inside.

I wait like she asked and she finally opens the door, only to frown and try to close it again.

"Wait!" I exclaim, kicking my foot in the door to stop it from closing completely.

"Move your foot you moron!" Vanya's mom shouts.

"Not until you listen to me." I beg.

"What do you want?"

"To talk to you about Vanya. She's sick." I plead, and this statement grabs hold of her attention.

"Sick? With what? A cold?" she scoffs.

"No, she...she has a deadly brain tumor and..." I try not to choke on my own words. "We wanted to get married...so I only felt it was right that I get your permission and I really do love her so mu-"

"Gerard, stop talking." she interrupts, "Slow down and explain."

"Your daughter, Vanya has been scanned after a fainting incident and the doctors found a tumor in her brain that is linked to a form of cancer."

Vanya's mother let's out a small weep, "It's all my fault! I disowned her for nothing and this is what happens to my baby girl!"

"It's not your fault. She would have...she would have this tumor with or without you in her life."

"Is she getting treatment?" she cries.

"She says that she doesn't want to."

Vanya's mother says nothing but instead begins to close the door, and this time, I let her.

*

Mikey's P.O.V

"Vanyaaaa!" I sing, shaking her in the bed.

She stays silent.

"Oh Vanny!" I sing louder, jumping on top of her and ripping the blanket away from her face.

I stop out of shock. Vanya has always been sickly looking, but today is probably the worst. I begin to panic, I don't want Gerard to have to cancel all of his plans for the day. I can take care of her, right?

"Vanya, wake up!" I whisper frantically and she begins to stir in her sleep.

"What?" she whispers hoarsely.

"I wanna take you to the hospital real quick, please?" I ask and she sighs.

"Why?"

"You just need to trust me." I say, still sitting on top of her.

"Get the fuck off me!" she grumbles and I comply, helping her out of the bed.

"No time to change Vanny, let's get going." I say calmly, and practically drag her down the stairs and out to the car where I start the engine.

"I'm tired." she groans.

"Sleep in the car, it'll be fine." I sigh and begin to drive.

I reach for my phone to call Gerard but then decide not to. What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him...right?