Chapter 6: Fart Jokes

Percy was the first up. He looked around, too sore to do anything but raise his head. "Where..? How?" He couldn't form a sentence. Last thing he remembered he was fighting the Minotaur. 'It couldn't have been anything else. It was like back in those myths!' Just then a kid about his age, a little older maybe; walk in. He had a long,faded scar across his eye; but the wrinkles on his face told him he smiled a lot. "Oh. Hey. Your up." The boy said. "Yeah, guess I am. Speaking of am, where the heck am I?" The boy looked a bit surprised, and said "Thails didn't tell you? I'm surprised. Well anyways, welcome to camp Half-Blood. I'm Luke." 'Thaila had mentioned a camp. Could this be it? "You seem to be close to Thaila, huh?" Luke visibly red faced. "Close? I wouldn't say close. I mean we're close but we're not close close ya know?" "Luke you better shut up before I shut you up." Came a third voice. A familiar one. "Thaila! Your okay!" Luke ran over to Thaila. He then stopped as he saw the look in Thaila's eyes. But the look wasn't directed at him; it was directed at Percy. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED!" To say Percy was surprised was an understatement. "Second sentence and your already screaming."    "DO YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU DIED ON MY WATCH!?! No... No you don't..." Thaila was shaken. That didn't happen often. "Thaila... Are you okay?" Percy asked. Luke, smartly had stayed quiet. He saw his way out. Things were silent for a while...... Until Nico farted in his sleep. Percy snickered. Thaila gave a short chuckle. Percy giggled. They both started cracking up. Percy was crying. Thaila was crying. The laughing stopped. The tears didn't. "Why?" Thaila asked through her sobs. "You didn't trust me, you didn't like me; why risk your life to save me?" Percy answered wiping away tears, "I thought of my stepdad Gabe and how selfish he would be and...No. That wasn't the only reason. I felt like I was meant to save you there and I just...I Just did what felt right. You know."    "Yeah," Thaila said with the sweetest smile he'd seen her use; "I think I do."