Chapter 6: Old Wounds (Part Two)

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

SMASH!!!

Those are the few things Minato heard at the morning.

He groaned at that for he wasn't much of a morning person, he thought of going back to bed and just sleep away until he remembered the package last night.

Taking a morning shower, changing his clothes, and grabbing a cup of coffee to help start his day. He leaves the room with the package at hand.
-------------

"Where did you get the box?" The Time asked as she flew over him.

"That's actually what I wanted to know."

After setting the box down at the floor. He just couldn't help but wonder, who gave him the package? And why him? It's not like he did something amazing to deserve a new shirt, a sickle, and a silver pendant.

He can understand if it's about his fight against Nyx. But he isn't expecting this.

"What's inside?" She asked.

"A shirt, a sickle, and a silver pendant." He replied with a shrug.

"Y'know." He began, "Removing the fact that someone broke in and left the box for me. The things inside had a lot of attention when it comes to detail."

"You're correct on that."

True to his word. The contents inside were pretty well made. Like the blue shirt, for the designs and color blend rather nicely with each other, same goes for the sickle as the blade shines uniformly. The pendant is beautiful on it's own right.

Almost reminds him of the moon in a way.

"These things are expertly crafted!" Histoire exclaimed as she examined it.

It was all going smoothly until he heard people being launched and letting out battle-cries along with gunshots and swords being unsheathed.

Then the door bursts open, and a poor guard is thrown to a large tower of paper.

Histoire looks on wide eyed at the scene.

"It's them!" She exclaimed in horror as more soldiers are thrown around.

Minato, however. Only became confused on what she meant by "them".

"Can you see them?" She asked him.

He only shaked his head side by side.

"What about their shadows?"

Same response.

"Look." He began. "Something's fighting them, that's what I know! But what I don't know is-"

But whatever he was going to say next is now nothing as he is now hoisted by the air.

He is literally dangling from the air by the Hood of his wear, lifted by an invisible force. He flails his arms around as he is now suddenly thrown and painfully hits the bookshelf.

"Dammit..." He muttered as he heard the tome's screams and his vision turning black.
------

He regained his vision. Hearing the beeps of the machine he was hooked into.

He saw his body hasn't suffered much injuries by the looks of it, and by the bandage on his head. Indicating that he has at least gained a concussion from when he was thrown.

"Are you all right, son?" The doctor asked him.

"Nothing much, other than a damn headache. I'm fine."

The Doctor nods his head.

"Also.... There is this girl that wants to talk to you." He said to him.

Minato became curious for once, but then again. If it was the guild agent IF, he would be in a scolding for sure.

"Her name is Nitroplus, and she has some questions regarding you from the attack."

He nodded at that, for one. He will get answers on what attacked the Basilicom earlier.

But another question is.... How long was he unconscious for?

"Okay girls! He's all yours." He announced as he turned to him. "Please be cooperative."

He just said a quick yes as the doctor left him to tend to another patient.

Then they walked in, he took a note on how many there were, along with how they look like starting with the first one.

The first one looks like she is in her late-teens to her early 20s, midnight black hair, and dressed like some sort of mercenary because of the dark-green jacket along with the jorts. Especially taking the account of the red katana and the large Magnum. 41 holstered at the belt.

The second one appeared to be quite young, possibly in her mid-teens, he imagined. Also, gutsy and brave enough to walk around dressed up like a hooker! But other than that, she has fair skin with a light tan complexion, pale brown hair styled in twin tails decorated with an E, and a LARGE mechanical sword resting on her back.

He dreaded the thought of being hit by that thing.

And finally, for the third one. Is an adult woman with a floating crown, and prince robes that gives the vibe of sci-fi and fantasy in one. He even felt the royalty and noble aura from her as well.

Nitroplus then coughed into her hand.

"Excuse me sir," She began. "We would like to ask on who or what, attacked the Basilicom?"

He opened his mouth to say something.

"No idea..." He said as he sits on the bed.

She however, crosses her arms and taps her foot as he glares into his eyes.

"No idea, huh?" She repeated accusingly.

He nods, only to feel her weight on his lap and a knife laying on his neck as she clutches his head in place.

"So you really have no idea, who or what attacked it?" She said almost like a whisper to him.

He only raised his arms defensively, accompanied with a gulp.

"I-I'm sorry, but I don't know who or what did it." He said. "The only thing I know is that I got attacked by an invisible monster."

She only narrowed her eyes at that before she turned to God Eater.

"Show him the papers." She commanded.

She handed the envelope and gave it to the boy.

"Maybe you'll understand when I show you this." She said as she opened it.

Looking into the pictures on what the envelope has is the most disturbing thing Minato has ever done in his life.
"Oh yeah, it's bad." God Eater added as she stares with discomfort.