Chapter 7: The Evergreen Ripper

Looking into the papers might be the BIGGEST mistake he has ever made in his brand new life.

He was looking at photos of crime scenes and the victims of it, with the victims being more gruesome with their fates.

All of them had their eyes picked out, and many more kinds of viscera as well. It's disgusting to look at, very disgusting look at.

Especially when he looked at one of the victim's profile. Paul Tucker.

It read as.

Name: Paul Benjamin Tucker.

Age: 16

And so on, but what is more disturbing is that of the details of his death. And he quotes saying.

"The victim has been found with trauma areas at the neck, wrists, and ankles, indicating some form of strangulation or binding. The victim has also been found with his eyes picked out cleanly from his eye sockets, and his heart has been forced out as well."

He maybe close to vomit just by looking at this, maybe he was wrong that anything will surprise him because of the Shadows he faced at Tartarus.

He was looking at a murder, and the post-mortem pictures of the victims too.

"So?" She asked again. "You still don't know what attacked it?"

He can already feel her eyes pierce his soul, but above anything. He doesn't know what attacked it as well, or how is it related to this murders.

But another thing to add to the trouble is the blade fixed on his neck is starting to go deeper, along with the added risk of him experiencing blood loss. 

His Personas can always prevent him from dying, but the pain of it is something to be hated.

Then she removed the knife on his neck, but she remained there with her hands finding themselves firmly in his shoulders.

"Are you sure? Are you sure that you don't know what attacked the Basilicom?" She asked softly, yet firmly.

He only raised his arms defensively.

"It's true!" He said. "I don't know what attacked it, and this is the work of a serial killer. They wouldn't even think about going to place like that!"

Million Arthur then realized it, he is telling the truth.

"I think he's telling the truth, Nitro. He doesn't even know what attacked the place as well." God Eater butted in.

He took a sigh of relief as he found that he still lives today.

"Quick question?" He began, "What made you think that I have something to do with this?"

Nitroplus only glared at him as she finally got off his lap and put her hands at her hips.

Then IF walked in.

"Did you get the info you need?" She asked with a bit of pissed off face.

The Fool apparently has appreciated that he has no idea what is even going on.

That is until until Arthur's hand went to his shoulder.

"Forgive me for this," she began. "We are currently on a hunt for a despicable being right now, we hoped that you can be of help."

He only nodded at that until his eyes we're sent to God Eater. Who made a bit of a shy gesture as he looks at her.

"Sorry for Nitro acting like that." She began. "The Ripper has been running around for 2 months now."

Ripper? Now that made him even more confused.

It was then IF decided to tell him the whole story.
---
After the whole story of it, Minato was left thinking on why he became a suspect on this case.

His reincarnated life only became weirder and weirder as time goes on.

Especially with the serial killer that has been dubbed as the "Evergreen Ripper" due to the victims being found along the forests of Gamindustri, with Paul being the first victim and his corpse was found at the entrance of Virtua Forest.

Despite him finally getting the answer he wanted, he still has one final question.

"Why do you people come to me, when there's stuff like this happening?" He asked honestly.

"It's because you stole my own spotlight, buster!"

He was genuinely surprised by that outburst, actually.

"You better be surprised, stealing my limelight in my own video game franchise! Just who do you think you are!?"

IF suddenly had a smile on her face when she heard all of those Fourth-Wall breaking remarks.

"Neptune." She muttered happily.

That's the small smile she had when she got a view of her friend, Neptune. Jumping onto the Blue-Haired Boy, even chuckling a bit when Nepgear tried to stop her sister.

But he did ask a good question though; why did she went to him about a murder case?

Nonetheless, one thing came into her mind. That he will be of good use to Gamindustri.
--------

It was only a typical night on a house at Lastation, neat decor and a nice array of decorations and paintings decorate it's lobby.

But it wasn't good for there is a man glaring daggers at another man with barred teeth, and a gun ready at the back of his pocket.

The other man looked at him disinterestedly.

His appearance in question is a white suit that is complemented by a black neck tie, black tuxedo pants, and spiky hair that has been slicked back making them resemble like shark fins.
"I'll admit." He began, "Your house is a beauty. It may not be pompous and grand, but it's beautiful compared to a normal house's standards."

"What are you doing here!" The other man shouted at him.

He however, only stood up from the chair he sat upon and walks to him.

The entire scene was akin to a horror movie. As the man's skin turns from it's fair complexion to deathly and anemic white, his hair became entirely black as opposed to it's flame motif. And finally, his eyes has turned completely black as of he had no eyes at all.

The man took a step back and took out his revolver, and fired it dead straight between his eyes.

He smiled until the man he shot just brought his head back up, and the bullet he shot only popped out again.

"You should have called Sam and Dean Winchester instead." He said simply as he resumed his prowl.