Welcome to the Karlos region

Ash sprinted into the airport arriving lobby, being greeted Alexa's helioptile.

"Helioptile!, we just saw the coolest thing, where did Alexa go?" he questioned as the small yellow Pokemon ran around his feet. The Pokemon pointed towards his trainer who was talking on the phone. Moon, Ash, pikachu and helioptile ran towards the girl who had ended her short conversation to the person on the other line.

"whats with all the excitement?" she asked as her Pokemon ran up to rest on her back.

"we just got a look at another new Pokemon, it was so amazing, it made this jump and flew right over our heads." Ash's voice filled with joy, explaining his last experience.

"i see, i guarantee your going to meet lots and lots of new Pokemon. Alexa knelt down a bit to lock eyes with Ash as she filled him with determination.

"so cool, i'm glad we're finally in the karlos region, i can't wait to win that gym battle too." Moon smiled at the determined boy, reminding her of her first trial. However Alexa awkwardly stood up and crossed her arms.

"ehh you see... i managed to get through to that sister of mine...and she let me know she was away from her gym right now"Ash's emotions spun from excited to devastation and shock.

" SHE'S AWAY! SO WHEN IS SHE GOING TO BE BACK" Moon giggled as the boy ranted at the news.

"well...once my sister goes off on a trip she usually away for quite awhile." Ash sighed in disappointment, feeling sorry for the young boy, Moon patted Ash's back, comforting him. He looked up at his friend and formed a comforting smile along with his pikachu.

"sorry ash i know you must feel really disappointed after coming all this way" Alexa apologised, feeling guilty for the child.

"Awww, NO WAY! THIS IS BAD! I WANT TO WIN THE LEAGUE THIS TIME AND I WANNA BECOME A POKEMON MASTER!" Ash complained bouncing back and fourth in frustration before sighing in defeat. Moon laughed at the trainer's annoyance wanting badly to achieve his dream.

"come on Ash it's not the end of the world, there's plenty of other gyms y'know" Ash looked up at Moon smiling at her reassurance.

"yeah i guess your right, guess im being a bit impatient." Suddenly Alexa clasped her hands together as an idea sprung to her mind.

"i know, why don't you channel that energy into battling the gym here in lumiose city." Ash's eyes lit up at this new opportunity, and gaining the attention of the Alola champion.

"so there's a gym in this city too?" Alexa nodded as they made their way over to a map, quickly spotting the located in the middle of the city inside prism tower.

"we'll just have our first here in lumieose city!" Ash proclaimed his pikachu jumped in agreement.

"im afraid this is where we'll have to part ways, are you gonna be alright?" Alexa turned to Ash as they started to near the end of their conversation.

"yeah, we'll be just fine!" Ash replied along with his loving Pikachu partner.

"thats great well once again, welcome to the Karlos region" Alexa announced.

"you've really been a big help, thanks a lot"

"no thank you its been a lot of fun" Alexa replied with an immediate response holding out her hand, awaiting a handshake from Ash.

After a firm handshake, Alexa turned on her heels and started to walk away, leaving the two teenagers by themselves.

"alright lets get moving!" ash cheered as he started to make his way to the gym, Moon stood in place, Ash noticed that the young brunette was not not following him, he turned swiftly to face her with confusion. "aren't you coming Moon?" Moon copied his confused expression.

"what do you mean?"

"we'll i thought you would like to come with me, i thought you and i could be great friends" his pikachu cheered with agreement.

Moon smiled at the boy's request, asking to join him on his new adventure.

"while that would be fun, im afraid i'm making my ways towards a different city, I've already planned my route." Ash slightly frowned at the girls reply, but soon regained his positivist attitude.

"thats too bad, but maybe we'll meet each other again during our journeys?"

"i hope we do, well good luck in the lumieose gym" Moon saluted to the energetic trainer, who held out his hand for a handshake.

"and good luck on your journey, hope to see you again moon!" as the handshake ended Ash and pickachu started to sprint towards the Lumieose gym as Moon waved goodbye.

"weeeeeellll if that gym leader is away...i guess i won't hurt to stay a little longer here in lumieose city, i need to warm up my team anyway, right guys!" Moon felt her poke balls roll around in her bag, signalling that they agreed with her decision. Moon puffed out her chest as she began to walk in the same direction where Ash sprinted off before her, breathing in the fresh she made her way to the town square, hoping to catch of Ash entering prism tower and exciting with his first badge.