Chapter 1

Free from Marcus's abuse, the constant fights or "screaming matches" as I called them, free from him, after so long I'll be able to breathe. I'm looking over at his dead body, feeling conflicted. A part of me is so happy he's gone. I literally just thought about how free I am. But another part is feeling uncomfortable. "Camila," Jen's soft voice goes. I don't respond at first because I'm frozen. I don't know what I should or shouldn't say because of how I'm feeling at this very point.

I sighed and a tear fell from my face. Why am I crying? I ask myself. 'He caused you pain for years, Camila, but it didn't start out that way' I think to myself. I start to wonder how did he do this with our kids at home with him. Did he send Cole, Josie, and Sofia away while he went to go commit suicide? No, the question is: what drove him to this decision? Was it guilt after all these years? I don't know.

"Camila," Jen says again with her arms around me, hugging me. "Yes, Jen?" I asked as she stood in front of me. "Camila I'm sorry this happened, everything will be fine in time." She says. I nodded and then we left the emergency room to tell the doctors that Marcus was really dead and that was his body. "Thank you Ms.Miller." One of the doctors said as I walked back to where Julian is.

He was sitting down in the chair playing with his hands. "Julian," I call for my son. His brown eyes looked up from his hands. "I'm coming mom." He said getting up from his seat. I didn't tell him what had happened yet. I don't know how, but I'm going to have to tell him when we go see his brother and sisters. I held onto his hand tight. "Mom is everything going to be okay?" Julian asked with fear in his eyes. I sighed and nodded. "Yes everything will be okay no matter how bad they change for us." He nodded and held my hand tighter.

"Jen, can you do me a favor and go ask a doctor where my children are? Please." I asked. She nodded and walked away, leaving me and Julian alone for a moment. I pulled him close to me, giving him a kiss on his forehead. "You know I love you right?" I asked and he nodded, "Forever and always right?" Julian responded. I smiled, "Unconditionally."

Then Jen came back. "They are in a different waiting room because of the incident but follow me and I'll lead you to the room." Jen said, walking in front of my son and I. The hospital is always a busy place; people going in and out of rooms, constant moving and babies being born every ten seconds. People coming in the hospital with injuries, etc. I was never a fan of being in hospitals anyway.

I walked into the room. My oldest kids had their heads down while my youngest was clueless to what's going on, but can I blame her she's a toddler. "Cole, Josie." Seeing them in person was better than hearing that they were fine. "Mommy." My smallest child said running to my ankles and hugging them. Julian ran to his older siblings, giving them hugs, seeing that they are hurt. I picked up Sofia and gave her a kiss on her cheek. Cole and Josie, my oldest kids, hugged me tight.

"Thank God, you guys are okay." I breathed, as they held me tighter. Then Julian joined in on the family hug. "We are fine, just a little shaken up." Cole comments. I nod; that makes me feel at ease. I'm glad Marcus didn't hurt our children. "Mommy, will Daddy come home?" Sofia asked, cheerfully. I bit down on my bottom lip before answering her question in the nicest way possible. "You will go see him one day a long time from now, Sofia." I answered, and she nodded. "Mom is dad..." Julian paused, then ended his sentence. After I nodded, he looked down. I can see he's upset.

"Mom, are we going home?" Josie asked. I shook my head, "No not tonight baby. I'm pretty sure we can check into a hotel for a few days. I don't want none of you in that house right now." I reply. I felt Jen touch my shoulder. "You guys can stay with me for as long as you need." I wanted to take Jen up on her offer but I don't think the kids want to be on the same block as where the incident took

place let alone a few houses down from where his suicide took place.

"No thank you, Jen. I appreciate the offer, but I don't think it's a good idea, well, at least not now." I reply, she nods. There was a small knock on the door. I moved away from it to open it. The police were on the other side. "Excuse me, may I have a word with the children who were at home during the time Marcus Miller committed suicide?" I nodded and sat down with my youngest still in my arms. "Cole, Josie, and Sofia Miller come with me." The officer asked.

"Sofia can't come because she's nearly asleep, and after all that has happened today I don't want to wake her." I said, showing him my child who was resting in my arms with her eyes closed. I knew she wasn't fully asleep yet, though. "Well then, I will take Cole and Josie for the time being and tomorrow, I'll take Julian and Sofia."

"Julian wasn't there when Marcus killed himself, he was with me. I was watching him during his soccer practice." He literally wasn't anywhere near the scene how come he has to leave? "We are only going to ask why he think this happened nothing major so remain calm please." I sighed and looked at my oldest children who were getting ready to leave the room. "See you in a second Mom." Cole commented, and Josie blew a kiss my way. Julian sat down next to me, same for Jen. "Mom, everything will be just fine. Remember that, okay?" I gave him a kiss on his temple. Jen rested her head on my shoulder.

"I'm here for you no matter what." She commented. I nodded, "I know, and these are going to be some strange changes, but I will adjust to them in time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's Chapter 1! Thanks so much for reading and please vote and comment! And read this on @DominiqueHeartsU's profile too! We're putting an equal amount of effort into this so we deserve an equal amount of votes and comments

Chapter 2 should be up on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday

-Arianna