Chapter Four

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping and the warm sunlight on my face. I looked around me to figure out everyone else was still asleep. Kellin still had his arm carefully draped around my abdomen, his face buried into my upper back. Justin was sleeping on the other side of our homemade firepit. I propped myself up on my elbow, trying to see where Trevor was.

I looked all around me to find him sleeping up against a tree a couple yards behind me and kellin. That looked like an uncomfortable way to sleep.. He was sitting up against the tree with his arms crossed and his head tilted upward.

At the same time he looked so peaceful, so perfect. Kellin woke up next to me and stretched "goooodmorning," he smiled at me. He got up and walked over to the cooler to grab a water. i laid there realizing that i now screwed everything up. I got pulled out of my thoughts once again when Trevor yelled out "fuck you dude!" His face was all wet and he was now chasing a hysterically laughing Kellin around the tree.

I giggled to myself and he must've heard me. "Oh you think that's funny eh?" He grabbed a nearby waterbottle and untwisted the cap before i could untangle myself from the blanket. He was about to pour it on me when i choked out "wait dont!"

"Why not?" he raised his eyebrow at me. i took a deep breath in and let it out.

"Because...we're friends." He opened his eyes wider at me in disbelief. so this was what he wanted?

In a high pitched voice he said "omg really?" then continued to pour the entire bottle of water all over my face and hair. He was the one laughing now and Kellin came back over to join in on the laughs. I gave him a death glare, water dripping from my hair into my face. I crossed my arms then got up and started to walk away. they ran after me still laughing and tripping over small sticks. They pulled me into a huge hug saying "aww come on Mac" "put a little pep in your step for fucks sake".

All of a sudden Justin showed up yelling at the guys for "whatever they did to make me leave" and i just smiled and hugged him for taking care of me.

The guys drove me to my apartment and i told them id invite them in but im not sure what condition its in currently and i dont want them to think i'm a pig. Trevor hopped out of the car and told kellin and justin that he'd be right back. I got a quick glimpse of Kellin, who even seemed jealous, before walking into my building with Trevor. We were pretty silent until we got to my door.

"Uhh thanks for last night. I needed it." i lied. truth is, life would've been so much easier if he just never looked back.

"Oh yeah no problem. So..you have your own apartment now. Last time i checked your dad was doing everything in his power to make sure you didn't leave. Did he stop..you know..after i left?" He looked at the ground when he said you know. It wasn't something he ever like to talk about.

"i guess you could say that." I wasn't lying, about 6 months after trevor left, i was never abused by him again.

"Really? How did you get him to stop?" he looked at me the way kellin did last night. He could see deep down, see the things i wasn't saying out loud.

"he..killed himself. at the end of junior year. About 6 months after you left." Trevors face went pale and he seemed to start twitching like he was angry. "He wasn't a good man, Trev. I was better off anyway."

"Where did you go." He asked me with his face stern, i was starting to get scared. His hands were clenched into fists at his sides.

"They said because i was 17 almost 18 i could just live with a friend for a couple of months, then they'd help me get an apartment. I lived with Jamie for about 4-5 months then got my own place." i tried to keep my voice light and positive.

"You hated Jamie. She was an annoying knowitall."

"But i liked having a home more than i hated being around Jamie." he mustve been biting pretty hard because his jawbone was flexing and it was..perfect.

"I should go." he still seemed mad. Why the hell was he so upset? it's not like i just told him HIS dad died or anything. It's not like my dad was a good person who deserved to be missed. i grabbed his arm.

"Wait. Why are you pissed?"

"Nothing i'm fine."

"Do you really wanna play 'whos better at pretending to be a 14 year old girl'?" he looked at me with his mouth open like he was going to speak then he closed it. it took him a few seconds to gather the words he wanted to come out.

"I'm not good Macayla. i'm not a good person. i came back and i thought i could just fix things with us but all im doing is breaking you even more. i already left you all alone when you had no where to go. i dont deserve you now. Just..keep out of trouble. you seem to be doing just fine. maybe ill see you around." and like that he left. again.

God dammit. i went inside my apartment and slammed the door. i ran my hand through my hair and buried my face into my hands. i went to the fridge and grabbed some ice cream. Why the hell not, guess its going to be one of those days.