Chapter Twelve

TREVORS POV

I woke up to the alarm on my phone. Ugh i really don't want to get up, but without a job i would be living on the streets longer than just a couple of weeks.

I didn't know if i should wake Mac to tell her i was leaving. I peered into her room and her bed was empty. What the-

"Mornin' slacker," she poked my sides and started laughing. She knew she scared me.

"That's not funny," i said turning to face her. I would've poked at her back or done something but i was afraid to. She looked so fragile. Macayla was short to begin with. But the girl standing in front of me had very thin arms and legs, her face seemed drained, and i could see her ribs through her shirt. Yet, her personality was the same and her eyes still shone fierce green.

"Come on, i made breakfast."

"I can't. I have to walk to the hotel room to get ready and then walk to work." She put on a puppy face.

"How about you eat here, i'll DRIVE you to your room, and then i'll DRIVE you to work. You have enough time i promise." How could i say no to her?

"Alright, fine!" She smiled at me and took my hand leading me to the kitchen. We had pancakes all in different shapes and sizes before she drove us to the hotel.

I pulled on a flannel and some skinny jeans, brushed my teeth, did my hair, and was done within 15 minutes.

Mac dropped me off at Bubs just in time for my shift and i thanked her.

"You should probably call the doctor to make an appointment and call Kellin to check in. I'll come over around 5 ish okay?"

"Alright sounds good." I walked up to the doors and looked back one more time. She still hadn't drove off, but then did a couple of seconds after i looked back.

Hopefully work wouldn't be boring today.

MACAYLAS POV

This morning was nice. I wasn't going to be lonely until i dropped him off at work.

When i did, he was walking towards the building and i couldn't stop looking at him. He was the grown up Trevor. This is what he turned into. Not what i thought he had turned into. He was caring, sweet, funny, handsome...and now looking back at me. Okay time to go. I started driving off trying to shake the thoughts of him. I'll just call Kellin.

"Hey," he sounded kind of off guard.

"Hi um i just wanted to check in."

"Oh, yeah. Have you called the doctor?" He sounded really tired, almost disappointed. I bet he just had a rough night partying with the guys last night.

"I was going to call right after i called you."

"You should call your doctor. I'll talk to you later." He hung up.

What the hell was that? Okay then..

KELLINS POV

Last night, we had arrived in New York. It was already really late at night but they wanted to go out. We went to some bar, i can't really remember the name of it though.

I remember being really worked up over Macayla. I guess i just figured that Mac and Trevor would end up being together while i was gone. I drank, a lot.

There was this girl, Katelynn, that just kind of started talking to me. We talked about everything that night, and we figured out we had a lot in common.

She was tan, had long brown hair, and beautiful brown eyes. She was a model and was looking to start a new clothing line. It just kind of seemed like love at first sight.

I didn't even think about Mac until the next morning. My phone was ringing and it hurt my head. I had taken Katelynn home a couple of hours ago, but had gotten her number.

I picked it up surprised that she would be awake considering she would've just gotten to bed 3 hours ago.

"Hi um i just wanted to check in."

It's not Katelynn. Fuck.

"Oh, yeah. Have you called the doctor?" I don't even know what to say. I wanted more time to prepare.

"I was going to call right after i called you."

Good. I can buy myself time.

"You should call your doctor. I'll talk to you later." After i pressed the End Call button, my homescreen said i had One New Message. I had gotten a text about a half an hour after i dropped off Katelynn, i must've been asleep.

'Thanks for the amazing night, i had fun. Maybe we can hangout again soon? (: -Katelynn'

'Of course (: I'm only in New York for one week, i'll pick you up at 7 tonight for dinner.'

What am i supposed to do?

MACAYLAS POV

I rang up the doctor to see when they could see me, and we set up an appointment for tomorrow.

Kellin was acting really weird. I didn't like they way he sounded and hanging up on me? Really?

I guess i'll just head over to Bubs to see Trevor. He'd be able to talk me down.

I drove to Trevor's work and he was surprised to see me.

"What can i get for ze beautiful lady?" he asked in a horrible italian accent, whipping a rag over his shoulder.

"Water and a hot bartender please," i winked at him. He laughed and rolled his eyes leaving to go get my water. I looked around at the place, it was so comfy. It was such a friendly little bar.

"Here's your water and your hot bartender should just be getting out of the oven." He leaned on the counter, close to my face. I looked away so i wouldn't blush or do anything stupid.

"So why are you here? Miss me already?"

"How'd you know?"

"Wait..really?"

"No." He gave me a dirty look. "So i called Kellin."

"And?"

"He sounded weird. He seemed really tired and uninterested."

"Oh please stop being that type of girlfriend-"

"He hung up on me, Trev. After saying like three things he told me to call the doctor and then just hung up." Now he seemed confused.

"Maybe he was just busy."

"Yeah whatever. Look i don't even really want to talk about it. I just don't want to be bored and lonely."

"Well i still have to work. So you're going to have to suck it up." Ugh.

"Fine. I'm going to go take a walk to the park. Text me when you leave here?"

"Of course."

I walked out and headed towards the park. Maybe i'll just have a nice little picnic all by myself.

TREVORS POV

Mac left to go to the park while i still had to work for another couple of hours.

I think it's weird, the Kellin thing. Why was he acting like that? Just a couple of days ago he seemed in love with her and now he seems like a jerk. Maybe this is just all a misunderstanding.