Chapter 4

"You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane, comes a rainbow

- Katy Perry

°^°^°^°

"Hello Luke!" My mother beamed at Luke as we walked in. Today, she was in her kitchen clothes which consisted of a red apron with a pizza on the front with the caption 'I tried' written in bold. Her hair was tangled up and I noticed flour just below her chin. I mentally rolled my eyes at her messy state.

I always considered my mom to be beautiful. She could pull of any look with her smile and kind eyes. Anybody who met her immediately fell in love with her. Ironic that I turned out to be her daughter isn't it?

She then turned towards me and came closer and hugged me. "Hey, baby," she whispered as my senses were flooded with the smell of chocolate. "How did school go?" She asked pulling away from me, directing the question to both of us.

"As horrible as it always is," Luke said smiling at her.

"Hmm, I think I can make it better," my mom said with an amused expression. She knew us too well.

She then walked into the kitchen and we followed her inside only to have an amazing warm smell hit us on the face.

Luke's face immediately brightened up as my mother removed freshly prepared chocolate cake from the oven.

The kitchen was a mess as usual. My mom was simply an untidy cook. I rolled my eyes at the usual state of our kitchen as I went to sit down on the table.

Luke's eyes were shining with happiness as he devoured two pieces of the cake.

My mother entered the kitchen and gasped before walking over and swatting his hand away. "At least wait for me to put the icing." She scolded as Luke have her a sheepish smile covering his mouth with his other hand.

"I can't decide whether you come here for me or for the food," I sighed dramatically as my mother left to get the piping bags. Luke turned to me before smiling at me.

"I luv yo mosht Ally" he said playfully, with his mouth still full. I rolled my eyes at his behaviour before getting up to take my spare glasses.

However, as I was passing by Luke, he suddenly stood up and held my wrist,"what the-" I started but was yanked into his hard chest. Putting one hand around my waist and the other at the back of my head, he squeezed my body into his chest.

"You're my bestest friend in the whole wide world," he said swaying from side to side.

"Oh, god no! Ple-" I started as I pushed my face out of his grasp but he simply pushed my face deeper into his shirt.

His extremely 'stinky from sweat and dirt' shirt.

"What did you say, I couldn't hear you over all the love," he said loudly.

I held my breath and pushed as hard as I could but he didn't budge.

Damn it, I should work out!

I internally snorted at the sheer ridiculousness of that statement.

"You pig, let me the hell go!" I said using both my hands to push him. Luke took this moment to let me go and he leaned against the table behind him, laughing his ass off.

I scrunched up my face wiping off his sweat from my face.

"Damn you Luke, there is a shower room right across the court!" I grumbled.