Who's there?

YOUR POV:

You wake up gasping, clutching your chest. You sit up straight, frantically looking around... What woke you up? "wait... when did I even fall asleep..?" Your breathing slows, and your shaking stops. Why you were shaking, you're not quite sure.

You sit in silence for a while, trying to collect your fragmented mind. Turning around, you look over the top of the couch, towards the old bay window. It's dark, windy, and ominous... Welp, so much for the storm passing. You turn around, and place your feet on the cold wooden floor. Normally you would have complained about how damn cold the floor was, but you could care less at this moment. Moving quickly, you make your way to the bay window. You get up close and personal with the glass, using it to support your body. You look outside, hoping to see the skeleton man... But alas, nothing.

In hind sight, you're not quite sure why you're so disappointed... It's not like there was much chance you'd spot anything worth while out there. You sit yourself down, back facing the window, wind howling. The sound of thunder crashes through the room, giving you a mini heart attack. Cupping your face with your hands, you let out an audible sigh. You feel like crying, but not a sing tear dares show itself. That's fine by you.

Letting your hands fall to your sides, you look up at the ceiling. You kind of wish you hadn't, it looks pretty ugly even in this dreadful lighting... Bluh. You decide to stand up, making your head feel tingly. You shake it off. You pace around the living room, imagining how Mr. Bones will come through the front door any minute now.

Any moment now

Any time..

Any second!...

He doesn't come through the door.

You can feel the tears welling up in your eyes this time, threatening to spill. With a small hiccup sound, they come running down your face. You wrap your arms around you for comfort, but it doesn't really help all that much... 'What if he doesn't come back?? What if he left me because he hates me??? After all, I'm just a rotten human, why would he ever bother caring about me anyways...' These thought race through your mind, making your body shake.

Knock knock

You continue with your sob fest.

KNOCK KNOCK

Ok, that got your attention. Where's that sound coming from? You gather yourself, and stand silent, hoping to hear it again.

Knock knock

There it is again! it sounds like its coming from a different room. You let your feet carry you across the cold hard floor, into a hallway. You wait again, eagerly awaiting the distraction once more.

Tap tap

It's quieter this time, but still quite audible. You look above you, to the ceiling. You notice what appears to be a painted over hatch, an entrance to the attic you suppose. You squint your eyes, not believing what you're seeing in the low light. "huh... wonder what's up there...". Tapping your foot, and glaring at the hatch, you completely disregard the sounds that led you here, no matter how creepy they where.

Running into another room, you find a chair. You drag in across the hardwood floor, creating a horrid screeching sound. ew. You place the chair underneath the hatch, and stand on it. "shit... not nearly tall enough" you grumble while standing on your tiptoes, reaching as high as you possibly can. Hopping off the chair, you go in search of something taller, like a ladder. Yes, wouldn't that be handy right now...