14

I look at Ms. Wilson and then at that the adoption papers. I want a family that's going to love me and care for me. Vanessa and her mom are amazing people; they're always there for me. I start to cry because I'm grateful, grateful for people like Vanessa who come into my life and help me out.

" y- yes " I stutter; the doctor said that I'm starting to stutter when I talk.

" WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY LUCE !! " Vanessa hugs me again and Her mother smiles at me.

" so when am I getting out of this hospital ? " I ask as soon as the doctors come inside the room.

" tomorrow " he says and I smile
Selena comes over to me and smiles.

" how ya feeling ? " she asks politely

" hurt ... but happy at the same time .. " I say and Selena nods.

" Something like this happened to me when I was your age. I was raped and I felt horrible, I would hide away from everyone around me. I was tired of being bullied and tried to kill myself but .... " her voice trailed off and a tear ran down Selena's cheek.

" My best friend told me to never do that again, She made me promise her and after that we hugged, but then a year later she died in a car crash and I had no best friend ... I ran away from everyone and everything "
She stopped, held Me and Vanessa's hands then continued

" I was about to cut myself and bleed to death, but I saw a picture of My best friend and I. I remembered my promise and I put the blade down " she finished and I look at her.
I want to stop cutting but its quite hard for me to stop. Everyone has different ways of coping with depression and cutting has always been my solution.
I can't stop.

I reach back to my house and look at everything.
" There's no memories ... "
No family memories.. NOTHING .
I start packing up because I'm supposed to be moving in with Vanessa, I go into my bathroom and take all my blades with me.
I'm sorry dad.
Once I'm finished packing, I call up Vanessa and she's on her way to pick me up. I wait out on the porch and while I'm looking up the road I spot Cody.

What does he want ?!

" Lucy . " he looks at me then at my suitcase

I don't say a word to him, its silent for awhile until he asks where I'm going.

" Lucy ?? Hello ? "

" c'mon talk to me " he whines and I look away

" Lucy whe- " a car pulls up i the driveway and I walk past him.

I take one quick look at him; he looks hurt ... but it's not fair, he hurt me first ... then again .... then again. I would be an idiot to accept another apology from him, Its like walking into another trap. So I'll just keep my distance and things will hopefully get better.