20

"why are you touching my sister ?!" Vanessa asks as I held Cody's hand.

"D- don't w- worry nessa" I say and she waits for an explanation.

"What's going on" Vanessa asked getting a little frustrated.

"Cody told me about how my therapist is a fraud and when the others bullied me he stood up for me. Nessa he chose me over them" I said and she nodded.

"So Cody, How do you know so much about this therapist ?" Vanessa asked with one hand on her hip.

"When my dad died I dealt with depression and went to get help there .. I finally found out she's a fraud" Cody looked at me and I looked up at him.

"I didn't want what happened to me happen to Lucy, I'm sorry for causing you so much pain .." He held my hand and I smile a little.

"Okay Cody, but I'm still keeping my eyes on you" Vanessa says and Cody laughs awkwardly.

"So um h- how h- have y- you been ?" I ask once Vanessa goes back into the living room to watch her movie.

"Okay I guess and you ?" He looks at me when I don't say anything.

"Lucy ?" He says touching my shoulder and I look at him with tears in my eyes.

" I'm s- sorry c- c- Cody .. I s- sound s- s- So s- stupid w- when I t- talk ..." I say starting to cry and he comforts me.

"Lucy you sound beautiful, you're not stupid .. don't call yourself stupid" he says with hurt in his voice.

"If anyone's stupid it's me .." he says and I look at him.

"Cody You're n- not s- stupid .. you w- were a j- jerk b- but y- you c- changed in a g- good way" I say and Vanessa enters the kitchen for her kettle corn.

"If he screws up again tell me and I'll be sure to break both of his legs" Vanessa says popping the popcorn into her mouth and I choke down a laugh.

"I promise .. I won't" he says while holding onto my hands. For that moment I felt my heart flutter, I actually trusted him this time and I think I'm in love.