Chapter 11: Asking Alex

Chapter 11

*Zack's POV*

Emma and I had bonded a lot since she told me her story. The more time we spent together, the more I fell in love with her. I was trying to build up the nerve to ask her out, but I knew I had to talk to Alex first. I had to have his permission if I wanted to date Emma.

Alex and Jack were sitting in the back lounge of the bus when I decided to confront Alex.

"Alex? Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked.

"Go ahead man," he said.

I frowned. "Umm... Alone."

Jack smiled. "I'll leave. I'll go occupy myself until you guys are done."

I sat on the couch across from Alex.

"What's up man? Is everything okay?" Alex asked, his voice full of concern .

"I need to ask you something. It's important."

Alex frowned. "Go ahead."

I paused, trying to figure out how to say it. "This is probably going to sound kind of weird, but just hear me out.

"I... I was... umm... wondering if... uhh... you would let me... date your sister?"

Alex stared at me blankly.

"I know it sound crazy and I totally understand if you say no, it's just, I really, really like her Alex. Hell... I more than like her. I adore her, I love her. She means the world to me. I want nothing more in than to spend my life with her."

Alex said nothing.

"I figured you would say no. I'm not worthy of someone as amazing as Emma. Any guy would do anything to be with her. I would do anything to be with her. I totally understand though. I'll take this as a no," I said, sighing.

I got up and turned towards the door, tears burning my eyes.

"Zack wait!" Alex said.

I turned towards him. "Yeah?"

He paused and took a deep breath. "I absolutely give you permission to date Emma."

I was shocked. "Really?"

He smiled and laughed. "Of course! I can't think of anyone better for my sister. I can tell how much you care about her, and I see the way she looks at you."

I blushed. "Really?"

He nodded. "You 2 deserve to be happy. If you want to date my sister, I give you my permission."

"Oh my God! Thank you Alex!" I cheered.

I leaned over and hugged him tightly. He returned my hug and laughed.

"Now, go ask her out. I know she'll love it," he said.

I left the back lounge and told Jack he could head back in. I didn't understand why he was so excited to go sit with Alex, but I didn't care. I was too busy figuring out how to ask Emma out. I know I would never be able to build up enough courage to ask her in person, but I had a few ideas.

**********************************************

Hey guys!!!

So I realized I had 2 chapter 9s, but I fixed it and here is chapter 10! It's really short, but I wasn't sure how to really extend it, but chapter 12 coming in a few minutes!

Hope you guys like it!

Love ya xoxo

Haley