Two. Was

Jaehyun

Jaehyun looks at his watch quietly.

"So. I'm Lee Taeyong. I will be going through the rules you ought to abide by. Firstly, after this drama, we are not acquainted with each other anymore. We are not friends. We are friends. If needed, we act like a couple on the stage. Secondly, and most importantly, don't fall for me."

Jaehyun looks down at the serious shorter pink-haired who is looking at him, whose eyes are so cold it frightens Jae.

Just like the cold of that night. The cold that raged through him, and the painful, hollow feeling that broke his spirit, and made him what he was now.

Jaehyun tells himself to shut up, and bends cutely to be almost face to face with the shorter.

"Okay... but why would I fall for you? What makes you think that you'll not fall for me instead?" Jaehyun smirks.

"I'm taller. Meaning that something might be bigge--'

Taeyong' s jaw drops, and Jaehyun swears that Taeyong' s cheek is slightly red by what Jae just said. And that makes Jaehyun feel even more satisfied than he already is. But Taeyong regains his tough guy look, and snorts. 

"Just focus on the drama."

He scoffs, and walks away, leaving Jaehyun looking at Taeyong with... an explainable expression creeping into his eyes.

I've missed out on so much--

"Jae! It's time for the photo shoot!" His manager calls out. Conveniently, Jaehyun doesn't hear him. 

He was like paper. So fragile, it was as if just one more drop of water might destroy him completely. He was made of something dead, just an empty shell of who he was--

"Mr Jaehyun? A penny for your thoughts?" His manager attempts to tap Jae on his broad shoulders, but ended up tapping his back instead as Jae was much taller than he.

Jae forces out a smile.

And although he was dead inside, he still looked the same outside.

"Oh, I was just thinking about what kind of role I'll play in this drama." 

"Good. I thought that you were thinking about--"

"No. i'm not."

Flashback>>>

 He is cold.

So cold, his hands tremble. His lips quiver. His blood is like cold fire, the fire unstoppable, burning through his whole body, but it does not make him feel warm.

He is colder than ever.

He looks at the clock.

12:12

He should be back by now, he thinks, and shivers uncontrollably. He wants to get out of this hell, but not before he comes back. The more pain, the colder he feels, the better it is. It makes the pain more real.

The cold is bitter, but not as the bitter wind that i felt when you began to drift away from me. 

He knows that he will never come back, but still he clings on to the hope that he will come back. To home. To him. To their living room, watching dramas with hands on each other's shoulders. He makes up a scene of them doing exactly that, and a real memory floats back.

"Look, that guy looks like you," he smiles.

"Hmm. How if i told you that's me?" he ruffles the confused one and adds," But of course, it ain't true."

The smaller looks at the other with sparkling eyes," I would love it if you became an actor, yu! I, myself, want to be an actor."

"You're kinda suited for it, yeah? But your parents 100 percent would not agree."

"But i have hope."

"Hope.  Actually, I'm curious. Why does one hope, hyung?"

"We humans hope because it keeps us sane. If we don't hope for the best, and think of the worse... Well...  it wouldn't be too good to think of dying everyday, right?'

"But if we know that we're going to die, why do we even bother to live?"

"Well, yu, you're quite a philosophical person, aren't you. I can see that you're going to excel in life," he chuckles," Perhaps when you become an actor, like your dream, you can ask all your deep questions to your co-actress in your drama. Perhaps she or your audience would know. But honestly, i don't know, sorry yug-ie.' 

"You don't have to be sorry, hyung. That was a hard question. I think we actually try to excel in life, earn big bucks, even though we're gonna die sooner or later, because of hope. Hope that maybe we wouldn't die even though we clearly know that it's impossible. After all, we live off false hope, don't we, hyung?" Yu smiles, his eyes like beautiful crescent moons,  his mouth curved into a bright grin, reminding him of the happiness he felt with Yu everyday, every second.

"Maybe."

______

______

______