[Prologue] [Cosette's Isolation]

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

The sounds of the big grandfather clock was getting annoying in Marius' perspective.

The Mansion has grown very quiet for the past weeks, or shall I say month. Cosette has been locking herself in her room.

Sometimes, Marius can even hear muffled sobbing as he passes by her door. He wanted to comfort her, but she didn't seem to let him in.

They haven't comfortably touched since their wedding.
The last time they almost touched is when Cosette went down to take a stroll in the garden and she ended up sleeping on the bench, she often falls asleep in the garden.

Marius wanted to bring her up in her room, he even tried to carry her every time she would fall asleep there but she always seems to wake up before he can even touch her smooth skin.

She hasn't been taking good care of herself and that's what Marius was worried about. She was too sad and furious about what had happened for the past weeks that she didn't seem to see that there was always  light at the end of her seemingly endless tunnel.

All she had to do was to let Marius in.

From the day after their wedding, Marius always seemed to wake up with a strong urge. An urge to do something what he thought was right. An urge to save someone from desolation.

As the days come by with Cosette not saying a word to him, this urge kept growing stronger and stronger.

He didn't want that feeling to reach it's climax because he had enough of it. Marius tossed and turned on his bed at night, he was always in deep thought and he kept locking himself in his study all throughout day that his grandfather had to persuade him to eat. He kept thinking about Cosette.

He wanted to make Cosette feel happy again.

He felt empty without Cosette, he felt numb. Their wedding was supposed to be a happy one and not the opposite.

He felt so...so.... lost.

He didn't know what to do. Should he barge into Cosette's door and try to make everything better, should he wait or should he just command her to be like her normal self again?

The last choice is scratched off his list, but even with one option gone he still doesn't know what to do. Whenever he chooses an option, he hesitates. He was running out of options very quickly.

He had to find a way to make everything turn back to normal. The sooner, the better.