Chapter 4

Stella’s POV

We finished eating our breakfast. We drove for about 3 hours in silent.

“Where did you come from?” I asked. This question had been bugging me since yesterday. He looked at me in surprised about my sudden question then he looked back on the road.

“Does it matter?” He said

“Well for me, it is. Going on a mission without even knowing little bit about my partner. That’s not right” I stretched then turned to face him. “Look. We don’t know what will happen later so it’s better that I got to know you before something do happen” I said

He thought it for about a minute “Fine” He said “I came from the Reiheim Alfamic Academy (RAA)”

Reiheim was the second best Alfamic academy. It’s quite far, it’s a 16 hours travel by plane “How did you ended up in SAA?”

“I kind of almost destroyed half of the academy. So the headmaster and the other teachers decided to send me here in SAA to, you know, to make sure that I won’t do it again.” He said glancing at me.

“Almost destroyed?” I repeated to make sure that I heard it right. He nodded “Did you kill anybody?” I asked

“Nope, 7 Reiheim guards stopped me from almost killing those Reiheim’s Alfamic 10” He said

“7 Reiheim guards? Stopped you against the Alfamic 10?” I repeated again.

“Yes. Can you stop repeating it” He said annoyed.

“Sorry, it’s just that-”

“Hard to believe or too shocked to believe?” He interrupted me

“Both” I said. He chuckled a little.

“Now you know why they called me the lightning demon” He said giving a wearily smile

He looked at me “aren’t you afraid?” He asked

“Nope, why would I be afraid?” I asked surprised about his question

“Because you’re with the person who almost destroyed half of the RAA” He said

I gave him a smile “I can totally protect myself” I said with confidence. He chuckled again.

We drove for 2 hours in silent again when he suddenly veered to the left.

“Hey, we’re supposed to go straight, right?” I said then I saw that we were heading towards a restaurant

“You know? It’s lunchtime” He said

“Is it?” I asked and he nodded. We entered onto the parking lot. We found a space to park; he backed up then parked it then he turned the engine down. We got off from the car and walked towards the entrance. The glass door automatically opened as we got close. When we entered, I could see that some girls on the tables kept on looking at Skyler. There were also some glares for me from the girls and envies.

“Welcome to Fearrington House Restaurant” A girl said.

“Do you have a table for 2?” Skyler asked

“Right this way, sir” She said. We followed her as she walked up the stairs. We walked up the stairs and saw an empty table in the middle.

Great! We’re in the center of attraction

We sat down. The woman snapped her fingers and a waiter appeared. The waiter gave us the menu. We ordered and waited until our orders arrive. After we ate and talked about our mission, we got up and as expected I paid the bills. We went down stairs. When we were about to exit, a knife came flying towards us, we avoided. Then a group of masked man appeared surrounding us. The civilians who were eating earlier were now running in panic, they ran towards the exit. Then 2 security guards came but they got knocked down by the two masked man from behind. So it was just left us and 15 masked men.