Chapter 4

For PTX_Pentaholic99

A/N: I'm going to try and post another one-shot tonight. I'm sorry if I forget to update this. I'm working on the sequel of 'I Hate You' and another story that will be coming out soon. So bare with me. I love you guys <3

I sat up quickly when I felt something brush against my arm. Scott was still sleeping peacefully. His hand had accidentally ran across my arm. He was actually really cute when he was asleep. Instead of being tensed, his face was relaxed. His mouth was slightly open allowing small puffs of breath to escape. I reached my hand forward to push a strand of hair behind his ear but my hand stopped short.

"What am I doing?" I whispered out loud. I would have never done this to anyone else. What makes Scott so different? It wasn't just his looks. Though I've never seen a man as handsome as he is. Maybe it's the way he treats me or the way his face lit up when I taught the game yesterday. He treated me like I was important and that made me feel less.....pointless. It was also playing with my head. Who treats a slave nicely unless they want something in return? I was afraid of what that something was.

"What are you doing?" Scott moved his hand under the pillow and looked up at me. I placed my hand that was hovering above on top of my other hand that was resting on my lap. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not long."

"Staring at me while I'm asleep I see." I didn't respond. He snuggled farther into the pillow, his nose crinkling in the most adorable way. I looked down at my hands.

"It feels weird not working." He frowned.

"You can go if you want." I clenched my hand into a fist.

"No. I'm meant to stay with you. That's why you bought me." His eyebrows drew together.

"I bought you because I didn't want Richard getting you. He would have beaten and taken advantage of you." His hand slipped to rest on top of my thigh. My slave mode activated and no matter how much I wanted to remove his hand, I couldn't bring a muscle in my body to do it. Or maybe it wasn't slave mode. Maybe it was the fact that I found it comforting and very enticing. I brought my knees to my chest, hugging them closely. That move effectively knocked his hand away. I could feel the missing warmth.

"Thank you." He looked at me in confusion. "For bringing me in last night."

"No problem. Thanks for putting the covers over my body." We sat there in an awkward silence. "You know what you're going to teach me today?" I narrowed my eyes. "You're going to teach me the pain you go through. You're going to teach me to pick cotton."

"What?! No!" I shook my head, stubbornly crossing my arms over my chest. Scott jumped out of the bed. He clapped his hands together.

"Please please please!" He kept begging for a good five minutes before I gave in.

"Fine." I was caught off guard when I felt his lips on my cheek for a split second. My hand immediately went to the area after he turned around. That tiny gesture made my heart pound and my skin where his lips were burn lightly. We changed into different clothes.

"How about we make this a challenge?"

"Okay." I said the word slowly.

"A slave for the day. No special treatment." I scratched the back of my head.

"I don't know. This doesn't sou-"

"Come on Mitch. It'll be fun." It didn't take me long to give into him. So I dressed him. I gave him pants that didn't reach his ankles but I kept his clothes as the silky ones. It didn't feel right as we stood in front of the field. Most of the workers would stop to wave happily over at Scott.