The Boy Next Door. Harry Styles love story. Chapter 1.

"We are sending you to London for the summer." 

Those were the words I did NOT want to hear. I'm Samantha Burke. 15. Student. From New York city. I'm not really the most polite or best behaved teenager out there. Maybe that's why my idiot parents are sending me to spend the summer with my grandparents in London. 

"I'm not going. There is nothing you can do to make me go." 

"Sam you're going." 

"No. I'm not going!"

Well here I am. London. My parents got their wish. I was waiting at the airport for my grandparents when I pulled out my phone and texted my friend, Ana.

Me: Just landed. Wish me luck.

Ana: Have fun! Look for cute boys!

Me: Hah. Yeah. Brits.

Ana: Yeah yeah. Ttyl.

Me: See ya in 2 months.

"Samantha? Is that you?" I heard an old British lady say. 

I slowly turned around. 

"Oh you have grown up so much!" 

"Yeah it's been 6 years," I said stubbornly. 

"Well why don't we get going!" 

"Ok." 

I threw my bags in the car and we drove to the house. Or in my case. Jail.

When we arrived I noticed there was a crowd at the house next door. Teenage girls. 

"What's that about?" I asked. 

"Oh some singer boy lives there," she said. 

"He probably sucks," I mumbled to myself. 

I grabbed all my stuff and went inside. I walked up the stairs, went to my room, locked the door, and looked around. 

It was old, that's for sure. The wallpaper had stupid flowers all over it and the bed was pink. What do they think I'm 5? 

"Sam! What do you want for dinner?" 

"I'm not hungry." 

"Oh come on Samantha!" 

I opened my door. 

"Stop calling me that. I'm Sam. Ok?" 

"Um." 

"Forget it. I'm going out." 

I pushed my way past her and ran down the stairs. 

"Where are you going?" 

"I'll fine something." 

And I was out. I walked down the driveway and felt like somebody was staring at me. I looked over at the neighbors house. Try like 10 girls. 

"What do you want?" I asked. 

"Nothing." 

I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I walked into town. Up and down streets. Looking at all the places. This place really hasn't changed. I used to visit ever year when I was little. 

I went into a little coffee shop. 

"Cheerio. How can I help you?" 

"One Yorkshire tea please." 

"Coming right up." 

The lady made my tea and gave it to me. But right as I turned around some girl ran into me and the tea spilt all over my shirt. 

"Dude!" I said. 

"Oh I so sorry! I didn't mean to!" 

She grabbed some napkins and started to dab my shirt. 

"Forget it. It's ruined." 

"I'm so sorry." 

"You should be." 

"Um. I'm Madison." 

"And I'm Hayley." 

"Let me buy you a new shirt. Please?" Madison said. 

"Uh." 

"I know a store with adorable clothes." 

"Fine." 

"Yay! And you are?" 

"Sam." 

I followed Madison and Hayley out of the coffee shop and down the street. 

"So are you new here?" 

"Just visiting for the summer." 

"Nice. How do you like it!" 

"It's ok." 

"How long are you here?" 

"2 months." 

"Nice!" 

We walked into a little store full of clothes. I picked out the cheapest one so she didn't have to pay a lot. 

"Thanks I really appreciate this," I said. 

"Oh no problem!" 

"So um. Do you guys wanna come to my house?" I asked. 

"Sure!" 

I thought I might as well make some friends while I'm here. Don't want to be stuck in my room the whole summer. 

When we arrived at my house the girls were still at his house. But I noticed they were crowded around one guy. 

"Oh my god. That's Harry styles," Hayley whispered. 

"Who's he?" 

"Sam! Do you know the band One Direction?" 

"No." 

"Wow. Well he is a singer in the band. Super famous! I can't believe you live next to him!" 

I just starred at the boy. He had curly brown hair and seemed to love the attention. He looked up at me and we made eye contact. 

"Sorry," he yelled over to me. 

I nodded and went inside. Who is this Harry Styles, I wondered. He seemed so familiar. Yet so... New. He was mysterious. And I liked that about him.