• nine

NINE.

two years later and jisun wasn't over her broken heart. she hasn't seen jungkook since they graduated. even though she has a lover, jungkook will forever hold a place in her heart.

jisun sighed as she placed her towel down on the table and wiped her forehead. "aishhh, he better give me a raise for working overtime." jisun gritted her teeth and continued to wipe the tables.

she heard the door bell ring as someone entered the shop. "welcome in.", she cheerfully said and sat behind the cash register. she fixed her apron and looked up to meet eyes with the customer.

her smile dropped once she saw the person. his smile, his lips, his shoulders, his hands were all the same. except he had a ring on one hand. her heart shattered for the thousandth time.

"hi.", the male said and turned to look at the worker. his smile also dropped as he met eyes with jisun. "hello.", jisun spoke and looked down at the counter.

"long time no see.", jungkook said awkwardly and looked at the female. jisun slowly nodded her head. he looked around and finally spoke.

"jayeon, meet jisun. jisun meet my wife.", he slowly said the last part. he looked at jisun as she waved at jayeon. he knew her heart was breaking into a million pieces.

"she's an old friend.", jungkook smiled at his wife. she nodded her head. "um, actually we weren't friends.", jisun chimed in and gave jungkook his change while smiling sweetly.

jungkook knitted his eyebrows in confusion and looked at jisun.

"have an amazing day!", jisun spoke and handed the married couple their drinks. she went back to wiping tables after she saw them turn around.

jisun looked up as they walked outside the shop. she stared at jungkook as he had a look on his face while his wife was speaking to him.

jisun slumped down onto a chair and began to bawl her eyes out. "i hope to never see you again jeon jungkook.", she whispered and turned off the shop's lights.

jisun tied her shoe laces and began to jog around the park. she mouthed the words to the song playing in her earbuds.

after running for an hour straight, she decided to stop and rest. jisun grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and paid for it. she thanked the older man and sat down at table.

jisun scrolled through her phone for a while to kill some time. she looked at the time and decided to head back home.

she placed her earbuds back in and began to run. she shut her eyes for the shortest time and felt herself fall forward.

"hey, can you watch where you're going?", she asked and turned around. she pulled out her earbuds and looked at the person who tripped her.

"sorry.", jungkook rubbed the back of his neck. jisun scoffed and turned back around. she felt a hand stop her, but she shrugged it off and continued home.

"namjoon!", jisun yelled and hugged her boyfriend. "hey there.", he chuckled. they sat down on his couch as he flipped through the channels to find something to watch.

"i'm hungry.", jisun frowned and looked at namjoon. "i already ordered pizza so it should be here in about 3,2,1.", the door bell rang. jisun jumped up and smothered her lover in kisses.

"you're the best boyfriend ever!", she exclaimed as she watched namjoon place the boxes of pizza down. she opened the box and her eyes were replaced with hearts.

namjoon and jisun cuddled in silence. jisun looked around the room waiting for him to speak. "so, i saw jungkook today at the shop.", jisun spoke.

namjoon let go of his girlfriend and propped himself up. "what?", he asked. jisun repeated herself and stared at namjoon.

"did he try anything. you're not going to leave me right? what happened?", namjoon didn't let her speak without him finishing his questions. "no, he didn't try anything. he's married now.", jisun looked down at her fingers, "and i would never leave you kim namjoon. i love you too much to do that.", jisun finished and held her partner's hand. she kissed his cheek as he kissed her lips after.

"let's get some sleep shall we?", namjoon happily said. jisun let out a chuckle and looked at namjoon. they stared at each other for a minute before they attached their lips.

"i love you kim namjoon.", jisun whispered and shut her eyes. "i love you more jisun.", was all she heard before falling asleep soundly.