Chapter 4

Zayn walks through the crowd of people. He lights his cigarette, letting it hang between his lips.

"Move." He commands another man sitting on a bench. The man looks up at Zayn's dark eyes and immediately leaves, giving Zayn the spot.

"It wouldn't have killed you to say please." Zayn turns his head, taking his cigarette in his hands. "Yes it would have." he smiles seeing the familiar face. "Marie right? It's me, Zayn, we bumped into each other earlier." his hand stretched out, but she just looks at it. "You were much nicer earlier, not rude."

"I'm sorry, but I'm just very frustrated right now." Zayn tells the girl and she rolls her eyes.

"That's no reason to be rude." Marie starts walking away. He quickly follows, having Marie walk faster.

"Why are you following me?" Marie starts getting annoyed.

"Are you seriously judging me from how I acted back there? It's not my fault I'm rude when I'm angry." Marie stops and sighs, knowing he's right.

"I'm sorry, I've just been in this city for a while and I'm tired of all these rude people," Marie said, looking at him.

"Can we start over? Hi, I'm Zayn and you are?" Marie smiles at this, but continues looking down as she takes Zayn’s hand.

"Hi I'm Marie."

"Where are you going?" They begin walking again.

"I was suppose to be at a party with my friend, but she ditched me again. So now I'm on my way home." Marie took that time to look back up at Zayn as they walked.

"I'll walk you home, it's too late for a young pretty girl like you to be walking alone." Zayn offers and Marie laughs, nodding.

"This is what I'm talking about. You're way nicer and not rude." Marie turns, crossing the street.

"You're in college right? What is your major?" Zayn tries to change the subject.

"I'm majoring in early childhood education."

 Zayn hums.

"What are you majoring in?" Marie asks making Zayn laugh.

"I'm not in college," he pauses. Marie about to speak but Zayn speaks before her, knowing the question. "I never had the chance and I can't really go now."

"Why not? You're still young and seem smart." she playfully punches his arm.

Zayn lightly coughs, before asking, "Are we almost there?"

He avoids her eye contact by looking around.

"Oh we passed it," Marie lets out a little giggle.

"So you like me?" A smirk appears on his face, as he turns around, following Marie.

"I wanted to get to know you more, so I think I do like you." Zayn lets out a chuckle.

"Well here it is, my stop." Marie stops in front of big glass double door, greeted by the doorman. She gives Zayn a little wave before going inside.

As Zayn was walking away, he gets pushed.

"Why do you always have the need to disobey me?" Harry pushes Zayn into the closest alley.

"I'll kill you right here and now." Harry's anger began controlling him. He pushes Zayn against the wall.

"We were just talking. Why are you so defensive of a girl you met once?" Zayn questions, leaving the boy dumbfounded. But Harry returns to his angry state of mind.

"This is not about the girl. This is about how you disobey me just because I took your life. If anything you should be thanking me." Harry pushes Zayn again, making Zayn’s back begin to ache.

Zayn builds all his strength from those words, the words that made him angry. He pushes Harry against the other wall.

"Thank you for what? For taking me away from my family? You took me away from everything I loved. I can never see how my sisters grow up. My mom is probably working her ass off to take care of them herself. I don't even know why I was going to be sent to hell." Zayn takes a deep breath.

Harry stays quiet because he knows the answer to that question. Blurting it out would make the situation worse.

"The worse part of this is that you were one of my best mates. Someone that I trusted for years. I will never forgive you for doing this to me." Zayn straightens himself up before leaving the alley.

~~~

~~~

"Harry, my mother has invited you to dinner. Are you coming?" Zayn cracks open a bottle of beer.

"Tonight is really not a good night." Harry flashes a small smile.

"I've noticed you always turn down my offers." Zayn laughs grabbing the controller, resuming his game.

"Bad timing," Harry lightly shrugs, focusing on the game. He tries to avoid the subject the best he can.

"Bad timing? Right, it just happens to be every time I ask. Harry, my mom thinks you're not real. She wants to meet you before she can define me as crazy." Zayn pauses the game.

The humanity in Harry hits him when he notices the time. He lets out a cough putting his hand on Zayn's shoulder.

"Sorry for this mate." he chokes out. His hand slowly slides down to Zayn's mid back. The power of his soul entering Harry.

"I have to go." Harry quickly exits the apartment.

Having no control of his actions, Zayn follows him into the elevator. Harry doesn't stop him from entering. He knows he can't because it could get him in trouble.

"Maybe next time?" Zayn asks with a smile.

"There will be no next time." Harry mumbles.

The elevator lights start flickering and abruptly stops. Zayn presses the button.

"This has been happening lately. They really need to fix this elevator," Harry becomes silent, knowing the next step.

Suddenly the lights go off and a red emergency light dims the area. This makes Zayn start to panic. He bangs on the doors, yelling for help.

"Why are you just standing there?" Zayn's loud voice echoes as he looks back at Harry.

Harry keeps his mouth shut, his heart hurting from the sight of his best friend struggling.

The elevator shakes and Zayn grips the handle. 

"This can't be happening. I'm too young, I haven't experien-" a loud snap interrupts him. Everything slows down in Zayn's mind. The pressure of the fall making him dizzy. His screams filling the room. Crouching down, he looks up to see dark wings behind Harry. The sight of them has him back up into the wall. 

"What the hell are you?" Zayn yells through the loud scratches and bangs. Next thing he knows, Harry disappears in the blink of an eye. 

Zayn's body becomes numb with blackness taking over him.

~~

~~

Reached the goal of 24 votes... 30 votes for the next chapter!

Edited by: @MaiaEliana