Chapter 5

"Marie, I am so sorry for leaving you." Jackie apologizes for the hundredth time. Marie looks at her best friend and rolls her eyes.

"Jackie this wasn't the first time. You promised you wouldn't leave me."

"I brought you to that party to meet new people. Make some new friends already or maybe even a boyfriend." Jackie follows Marie to the bathroom.

"Nice, so you're tired of me," Marie pauses and turns around,"You need to understand that you're my best friend and you are suppose to be there for me, not abandon me at a party alone." she slams the door in Jackie's face.

"I said I was sorry," she groans through the door. "I have to go to work. I'll give you the time to calm down. Just please understand that you can't always count on me to be there for you because one day I won't always be here." Jackie sighs before leaving Marie to think about things.

-

Marie walks down the street with the words that Jackie said swirling in her head. She now understands that Jackie is right.

As she turns the corner she bumps into someone.

"I'm sorry, love." after Harry realizes who he bumped into, he immediately lights up."We meet again. I think fate is trying to say something."

Marie blushes,"Big city and we keep bumping into each other, so I guess." she shyly says.

"Well, I have to go but I'll give you a call." Harry smiles as he walks away.

Marie frowns as she notices that she didn't give him her number. She turns around and he was gone. She looks around but he's nowhere to be seen.

"How the hell does he disapear so fast?" she mumbles under her breath as she continues walking her path.

Marie enters the crowded resraurant and searches for Jackie. She decided to talk things out with her.

When she spots the blond hair girl, Marie is stopped by someone.

"You should stay away from her." a deep british voice speaks. Marie looks up into brown eyes. A feeling in her makes her trust him. "Slowly walk outside with me, okay?" he says calmly. Marie nods as she turns around.

"Why are you making me stay away-" Marie pauses,"wait why did I follow your demands and who are you?" she questions, her mind confused with what just happened.

"My name is Liam and the inner you knows you can trust me." he leads Marie down the street.

"What are you talking about?" Marie pulls her hand out of Liam's grip. "I don't even know you. Now will you excuse me, I need to go talk to my friend, someone that I know." she turns away, but Liam grabs her.

"Marie, you need to trust me and come with me." Liam says looking around.

"H-how do you know my name?" she asks, starting to be creeped out.

"I'll tell you if you come with me." Liam looks into her eyes and the sudden feeling of trust appears.

Liam gently grabs Marie's hand and leads her to a more private place.

____________________________

Votee

QUESTIONS:

What do you think Liam is trying to do?

Why do you think he is keeping Marie away from Jackie?

Sorry it's short and I took forever to update but I didn't make my goal.