CHAPTER 51

YVES' POV:-

" looks like you are progressing really well, u will be discharged in a few days, but you will have to come for some regular check-ups."  the doctor smiled and said. everyone's face brightened up, the doctor indicated my parents to follow him outside.

"ok so let's celebrate. cakes and coffees from Hannah's?"  oh my gosh I missed them I nodded my head in yes with a childish grin.

"uh uh no mister not u, u need to get discharged first."  Olivia put her hands on her hips and said.

"what?! look I m alright the doctor said I m progressing really well. pls, just one bite."

"you act like this again and I will not take u there even when you are discharged

"you act like this again and I will not take u there even when you are discharged." she pointed a finger at me.

"Fine."  I scoffed at her.

"Good, Brooklyn shall we?"  she turned back to the couch on which he was sitting and scrolling through his phone.

"Yeah, be right back mate!"  he chirped and slide his arm around her waist and went out. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Yves."

"hmmm"  I replied to mom.

"Honey, there is something the doctor said about your new heart."

"Yeah?"

"He said that there is a really great chance that ur body might reject ur heart, it is showing progress right now but no one knows, and if it rejects, it might.."

"Just don't tell this to Olivia, she is trying to gather all her broken pieces, just say to her I m fine."

"Yves why don't u tell her? why are you hiding ur feelings?"

"mom we have discussed it before, she will get hurt, I don't want that, she has already done so much for me, I don't want to hurt her, please mom, when the time will be right, hand her the box."

"Sure."  she said and kissed my forehead.

Olivia came in with her hands overflowing with cakes and brooklyn's hands overflowing with coffee.

"Are u sure I cant get even a single bite?"  I pouted.

 she gave me the look.

"you are mean!"

"I know,"  she said with a wicked smile. I really wanted the cake and coffee. I missed it so much.

*skip to the day of discharge*

" now slowly try to stand."  the doctor said as I hung my legs over the bed. dad and Brooklyn held my hands as I slowly tried to stand. a shooting pain went through my chest and I sat back on the bed.