CHAPTER 56

A/N:- oky so I know I m really fucking late in updating but...I have been really ill for the past two months and so I was mostly bed ridden...and not allowed to work..but voila my dad finally allowed me to work on the book. so here is the new chapter.

OLIVIA'S POV:-

*knock knock* I stood there nervously with his books in my hand and Brooklyn beside me. in a few seconds a maid in her mid-30s opened the door to let us in...the house felt so alien even though I have been there so many times...

"ma'am is in the plant nursery," she said and directed us the way.

"she has been like this since mr.yves left, she reduced her food, talks, the glow on her face and spends hours here clutching that box in her hand. I will leave you two here," she said as we looked at yves's mom who was sitting in front of a white rose plant which a box on her lap.

"Stay here,"  I asked Brooklyn and he nodded in agreement. I took a deep breath and walked towards here. I stood in front of her for a second and slowly sat on my knees near her lap. she shifted her eyes from the roses to me and back to the roses.

 "beautiful aren't they?" she said with a soft and weak smile and caressed a leaf.

"really beautiful."

"its Yves,"  she said and bent to kiss one rose.

"I just cleaned his locker today..found a bit of his stuff and thought to return them to you."  I was about to keep the books on her lap when she held my hand.

"keep them olivia..i have enough memories of my baby."  I sighed lightly and took the books back.

"there is something he wanted me to give to you," she said and handed me the box which was on her lap.

"whats this?"  I asked with a frown.

"his last gift for you Olivia," my mouth opened slightly to speak but no words came out of it. 

"and a gift from me too," she said and bent down to her right side and took out a small pot with a lid and a ribbon tied to it.

"whats this?" 

"soil.....from his grave..the same soil which is in this rose plant..."

I gasped and took the pot with shaky hands...it was Yves..my...yes...

"thank you."

"these are nothing in front of the gift he gave u...his heart," she said and turned back to the rose plant and continued with caressing the leaves and the flowers... I stood there silently for a few minutes in shock..what does she mean his heart?

I sat back on the couch with the box as Brooklyn carefully kept the soil pot on the table. I anxiously traced the box with my hand took a deep breathe and opened it.

there it was on the top his grey sweatshirt that I loved the most....

"I will steal this sweatshirt from u someday."

"Nope, I won't let you."

"try me."

"hahaha try me."

I laughed softly remembering the memories as I touched the sweatshirt... I picked it up and hugged it softly inhaling his cologne...it sent a rush of a soothing feeling in my bloodstream. I kept it aside to look at what else was inside it. it was a folded letter and a cd. I took out the letter and unfolded it..there were a bit of words cancelled out here and there..the handwriting was shaky...he must have been really nervous while writing it.

dear 

hey olive,

if your are reading this letter....i must be dead by now...so here it is,my apology letter for hurting you,for never telling you how much i loved you, for lying to you, for breaking the promise of being with you forever to hold you when you break down. i am sorry. you deserve to be angry on me for lying to you about my disease, for breaking your heart, by not telling you that i love you and always keeping you in the dark. i am sorry.

believe me i was much much much more eager to tell you how much i loved you than u were eager to hear it from me. i am sorry i lied to you about  my heart disease..i knew you would panic and when i would die you would obviously kill yourself..i dont want that..i want you to live olive...live for me..for us...

i have always loved you olive..even before you confessed it to me..how could i not fall in love with you? your smile, your eyes, your face,your laugh, your sould,your heart ...everything.how i wish i was with you .....alive...

you seriously dont know how many times i wanted to kiss you and tell you that i love you with my everything, you saved my life..you were the ray of hope for me to live..everyday i lived was just for you..just to see your smile...

there is a cd in the box i made for you and the grey hoodie you always wanted to steal...

i am sorry i am not physically present with you there right now..but if you want i will always be there in your heart.

and yea at last I would like to tell brooklyn that he better takes care of you on my behalf and give you immense and unconditional love that would make you forget every pain you suffered..and if he doesnt well guess who will be haunted till his death.

forever yours,

yves...

there were fresh tear stains all over the letter, my hands trembled as i hugged it and cried. i felt a pair of arms around me..it was brooklyn..i fell back into his arms as he held me close.. 

i nervously pressed the play button as we sat down on the floor in my studio. the video started but the screen was black for a few seconds before a tune..a very familiar tune started playing..the tune was in a whistle...a video of me sitting in the library on the floor and reading a book popped on the screen...

i gasped in shock and quickly held brooklyn's hand..i knew the tune..we both knew the tune...

it was.... mine...

A/N:- so peeps how was the chapter?