Twelve

It was in the middle of noon, Daniel pushed the metal handle of the white wooden door. He exited his apartment and made his way to the convenient store next to his apartment building. He turned his face and stopped on his tracks after seeing a familiar car, parked across the road. 

A light sky blue colored car with silver door handle and dark tinted windows parked perfectly across where Daniel was standing. Daniel tilted his head.

Is it my...

The tinted car window rolled down, revealed a black-haired lady with a welcoming smile.

"Danny!" Said the bright soft woman voice.

Daniel backed off. The lady got out of her car and revealed herself wearing a light blue v neck dress. Her skin was in light beige tone and her face was so bright. Her dress blew perfectly when the wind passed through her. She walked towards Daniel and went straight to him and gave a hug.

He was of course happy to see her but her decision. It didn't make Daniel happy and it wasn't okay. A decision that will soon change everything he has, that wasn't something small.

"How is my sweetheart doing?" She asked kissing Daniel's forehead in public.

That was her favorite thing to do, kissing Daniel in public and not caring about others.

"Mom, mom, we're in public," Daniel stated and fixed his black colored cap on top of his head.

His mother was not that old and she wasn't that young either. She has the kindest heart, a brightest smile, the greatest counselor and most importantly, the loveliest mother. The crinkly wrinkled face that Daniel adored the most. 

"Oh I don't care about that," She claimed and held Daniel tightly in her arms, Daniel giggled.

"I miss you so much, that's why I came to visit," Daniel gave another smile. She was so happy to see him and Daniel was indeed happy to see her happy. Daniel was away for about three months without coming home so of course his mother missed him.

"Come, join me for coffee, I'm also meeting someone there, let's go," Mom said and took Daniel's hand. Before Daniel could even say anything, his mother shove him to get inside the car.

Guess my plans changed.

Daniel sat next to his mother and watched her drive. Her pitch black hair with a couple of white hair strands seemed visible to his eyes. The crinkly smile that she has, plastered perfectly on her face, it was a lovely view. The wind blowing out her mother's hair gave him a comfy safe home, and it was a good feeling.

His mother parked the car in front of a mall and they went inside. The cold temperature inside the mall gave Daniel shivers since he was wearing a pair of white short-sleeved tee with a pair of black skinny jeans.  He tucked his hands inside the pocket of his jeans then followed his mother who was entering the coffee shop.

The coffee shop was bright, filled with pale orange lights hanging on top of the ceiling. The walls were painted in cream-colored paint and the wallpaper were in brick patterned. Daniel continued following his mother until she stopped in front of a copper-haired lady. Daniel took a peek but it was just another familiar face that Daniel couldn't tell who it was.

"I'm surprised to see Daniel is here with us!" She commented. It was a familiar face but Daniel couldn't recognize who it was.

"Last time I saw you was about three years ago," She blurted. Still, Daniel had no idea who she was.

Three years ago, meaning that I was seventeen. Which means that I was still in high school. I don't know any of my friends' parents unless it's....

"Sorry, I'm late mother," The one and only female voice that Daniel recognized. The soft feminine voice which belongs to Min Hee and the copper-headed lady was her mother.

"Now, this is great!" Daniel's mother announced.

Nope, this is not great.

Daniel looked down on his shoes as he sat next to his mother. Min Hee sat in front of him and gave him an awkward smile. Pissed, disagreements, and anger wasn't that obvious on his face since his face was always bright but he was certainly mad and disappointed.

Daniel eyed Min Hee's body gestures carefully, she wasn't comfortable. Min Hee eyed him as well. Daniel wasn't even sitting in a comfortable position either. Min Hee and Daniel's mother were busy talking and Daniel on the other hand was busy exchanging looks with Min Hee.

Daniel took out a piece of an old receipt he found on the floor and a pen that he kept inside his pocket. He wrote something down and passed it to Min Hee.

'You have my number right? Send me a text,we can't talk if our moms are sitting next to us,'

Min Hee took her silver metallic phone and pressed the keyboard on her screen. Daniel waited until his phone beeped and Min Hee's text was on the screen.

'We should tell them to cancel the wedding,' was written on the screen.

Suddenly, Daniel's mother turned to face Daniel.

"I forgot to tell you Danny," Mom started off. Daniel locked his phone.

"About your wedding," She paused to look at Min Hee. Daniel sighed frustratedly.

"We arranged some stuff, and it's beautiful," Min Hee's mother said happily.

"And it'll be done, in about four months, so you have four months before the wedding,"

Four months? No way. 

Four months isn't long, it'll be ending in just a split second but what about Ong. Even though Daniel told him lots of time that he'll be gone because he was getting married, but he wasn't expecting it to be this sooner. Four months was just too little.

*******************
A/N: Updated! What do you think about the cover? I made myself aha! Hope you enjoyed both the chapter and the cover, love you loads!