Nineteen

With a piece of blank paper on Daniel's right hand and a blue ball pen on his left hand, he sighed. It was something that he wasn't fond of. He placed himself on a white wooden chair as his eyes stared into the piece of paper. Mind still thinking whether to start writing or not.

Ong was coming home in three more days, and Daniel had three days left. Although he wanted to see Ong very much, it was no use. Ong will come home and he will leave home, everything was changing.

With a heavy heart stung in his chest, he gripped his pen to start writing. It hurts, it really does and Daniel had to do was just follow orders. Sad but it was the truth.

It was getting dark outside. He paused himself from writing. Daniel then rested his back on the chair he was sitting. Looking at the window, he saw the tall skyscrapers. Even though, Daniel stayed in his apartment for a good period of time, he never really took his time to watch the views from his apartment. Watching it for the first time, it really does give him calmness since he was facing chaos right now.

Sadness crept inside his heart when suddenly he thought of him and Ong. He cleared his throat and held back his pen to continue. With words coming out from his head, he scribbled it down carefully in the paper.

"The last piece he'll receive from me," Daniel stated softly as a tear slipped down. He folded the paper and kept it.

***********************

Ong waited in front of the door as the bus stopped in front of his house. The door creaked opened and Ong walked out. He dragged his luggage with him as he entered his house and quickly placed his belongings back to their places. He didn't went inside his room since he left his clothes in the living room.

But something distracts him. A shiny silver key on top of his door mat. Ong picked it up and saw numbers on it. He kept it inside his pocket and took his shoes.

He rushed himself out and went to the only place that he's been waiting to go ever since he left the state, which was Daniel's apartment.

The last couple of weeks was hard for Ong since he did not talked to Daniel at all. Daniel seemed to walk away when Ong started talking. He doesn't reply messages anymore and calls?  He never really bothered to answer those.

Day by day was tough. Ong didn't know what he did but Daniel looked like he wanted to stay away from Ong. Realizing him not talking to Ong was really painful for Ong to bear and he tried so hard to push every hatred feelings he had deep down.

The elevator door slowly opened. Ong entered and pressed the level where Daniel was staying. A few moments later, the elevator door opened with a 'ding' sound. Ong walked out and headed straight to Daniel's door.

Knock, knock.

No reply.

Knock knock.

Still, nothing.

Knock... Ong paused.

"Daniel, it's um, Ong," Ong softly whispered.

"I, um, are you inside?" He said as he placed his forehead against the dark brown wooden door.

Not a single sound except for people from other rooms next to Daniel's. He sighed.

"I'm sorry," he suddenly said as he raised his head and noticed the numbers on the door.

Same as the .... key?

Without thinking twice, he straight away took the keys and placed it in the keyhole. The dark brown door that was locked just now unlocked. He did questioned about how did it get in his house but right now, the only thing he has in mind was Daniel.

Ong slowly twist the handle and he paused again. There was nothing inside.

Is this Daniel's house? Am I mistaken? 

He wandered inside. Empty. Nothing was there. Not a single furniture or a piece of rubbish in that space. Ong dropped his back to the cold wall and sat with questions flooding his mind. But the main question that was clear in his head was..

"Did he left?"

****************

A/N: It's happening. It's happening.