Chapter 4

Meredith's POV

I sat on my bed in silence, as the rain trickled down the window frame. I could barely hear any noise coming from the outside. The only reason why I knew that it was raining is because I'm still soaking wet from when Addison and I arrived home.

Addison.

I slumped further into the warmth of my bed as the cold, drenched clothes started to feel suffocating.

Why did I have to go and kiss her? Why? One minute we're fighting and the next...
I just couldn't seem to help it at the time. It all comes back to feeling something. Every moment with Addison, I feel something. Not always good things, but something.

"You better change Meredith." Addison cleared her throat. I looked up to see her standing in the doorway. Her eyes traveled down from my face, to my wet clothes, and back up to my face. "You're going to catch a cold."

"Thanks." I muttered.

"We got to stop the pattern. The almost friendship, the defensive name calling, then the fighting." Addison said. "It's not healthy, and I just don't want to fight with you anymore."

"I know. I don't want to fight with you either. We're just magnets to bad luck I guess." I told her.

Addison chuckled. "Ain't that the truth."

I got off my bed, pulling my sheets off with me. I put them into the hamper since they were also pretty wet and walked to my closet to find some dry clothes. I grabbed an old shirt and some sweatpants, and turned to Addison who was still standing in the doorway.

"Would you like to give me some privacy?" I said, and shot her a smile to make sure she knew that I was only kidding.

"No, I'm fine here. Continue." She smirked.

I grabbed the rim of my shirt and slowly started pulling it up until it was over my head. I fumbled with the dry shirt for a bit, purposely giving Addison extra time to take in my body. After pulling on the new shirt and slipping the dry pants on as well, I climbed back onto my sheetless bed and snuggled into my pillows.

Addison slowly made her way over to my bed and layed down next to me.

"So, about what happend earlier...are we going to talk about it? Should we forget about it? I guess you're not going out with Derek tonight." Addion said.

"No. I'm not, and...I don't know." I looked up at her. I didn't know if I wanted to forget it or not. I waited to see what she wanted to do, but she didn't say anything. Minute after minute went by and we still sat there, the only noise in the room being the rain outside.

After what seemed like hours, Addison finally turned to face me. Her eyes connected with mine, and she leaned in until her lips were barley grazing mine. She seemed to sit there thinking about whether or not it was a good idea, but in the end she ended up moving closer so that our lips were locked in a soft, apprehensive kiss.

Our lips moved is sync, as her hand came up to rest on the side of my cheek as my hand wrapped around her waste. I felt as if I couldn't remember a single thing that I have been thinking all night. Everything in my mind seemed to suddenly fade away.

No derek.
No friends.
No people.
No world.

I couldn't help but wonder if our kisses had the same effect on her as it did me. All too soon I felt the soft warmth of her lips leave mine and I knew then that she did in fact, feel the same way.

"I thought you hated me." I admitted to her.

"What?"

"I thought...I thought you hated me. All this time. I thought you hated me, but you don't. Do you?" I questioned.

"I did." She said. "I hated you, until I didn't." She said.

It was my turn to give her the confused face.

"When I met you, I hated you. After I talked to you, I tried so hard to hate you. Now that I know you, I mean really know you. I know now that I could never hate you." She explained.

"I feel the same way. I never hated you. Actually, I'm sort of jealous of you to be honest." I told her nervously.

"Me? Why?" She asked.

"Have you seen you? You're leggy, beautiful, smart, and you save babies. I'm basically nothing next to you."

"Meredith, You're gorgeous. Why do you think Derek fell for you? Why do you think that I..." Addison stopped, and took a deep breath.

"What?" I asked. I longed to hear what she had to say. The two perfect kisses are fogging my brain, and making me need to hear her opinion.

She shook her head.

"Addison, tell me."

"I don't think that I should. Everything is already so confusing, why make it worse?" She reasoned.

"Because. I want to know what you think. What you feel."

"I don't feel anything."

I stared at her for a moment before leaning towards her and placing my lips against hers. I took my hand and brushed her hair away from her face, and placed my other hand on her cheek. I licked her bottom lip, asking for entrance and she quickly accepted. I pulled back after a few seconds, and her eyes were still closed.

"You didn't feel that?" I whispered.

She slowly shook her head but I knew she was lying. I could see it on her face, and feel it in her kiss.

--

Addison's POV

I knew that I was lying. She knew that I was lying. And there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

"What are we going to do?" Meredith asked.

"I don't know."

I turned and looked at her. I could feel myself wanting to kiss her again. I just didn't know if this was something real, or something that I feel because I'm lonely. Meredith said it once, I can't seem to close my legs. Except, with Meredith...it feels different. But is it different?

"Why don't you share?" Meredith said.

"Huh?"

"Remember? A few nights ago, I told you about my mother and you told me that you would share next time. So...share."

"What should I share?" I asked her.

"I don't know. Anything. Tell me about what happend back in New York?"

"Derek didn't tell you?"

"He did. There is two sides to every story though." Meredith gave me a small smile.

I shot her a small smile back and sighed. "I cheated. Derek had been at work. Day in and day out. Always, always working. He would send Mark over for anniversary's, holiday's, and everything else. One day, I just got tired of being alone. I handled it wrong, and instead of leaving him, I slept with Mark. Derek comes home early." I chuckle.
"The one time he comes home early  in months and I'm cheating on him." I shook my head. "Anyways, he got mad and left and came to Seattle. I stayed with Mark and tried to make it work, but he got into bed with somebody else. So, to sum it up. I screwed up my entire life with a mistake."

I felt Meredith rub my back, in a 'I don't understand, but I support you' kinda way. That made me chuckle a bit. I mean, she tries her best.

"I'm sorry about everything. You didn't deserve that. It's not your fault Addison. He wasn't there for you. Also, I never meant to hurt you."

"I never meant to hurt you either Meredith."

"I know." She said truthfully. "How about we put the past behind us? Be there for each other?"

"That sounds wonderful." I said, smiling.

"Good, because you're like a drug Addie. A drug I'm not so sure that I can stop."

--------

Hope you like it :)

Comment please. Love you all.

Bye xx - DreamByTheDay.