An Invitation

To my esteemed friends,

I have acquired an illustrious estate through the death of a distant relative who I've never met.

I thought it only fitting that I invite you all to attend a dinner party on its grounds.

"Telegram for Mr. DeLaGhetto," announces the woman at the door, presenting a sealed vanilla envelope to a very confused Tim.

He blinks, frowns, and snatches it from her. "Am I getting sued?"

It will certainly be a night to remember. However, the estate is quite peculiar; it only exists in the year 1920.

"Only exists in the year 1920?" mutters GloZell through a mouthful of chips, staring in disbelief at her invitation. "The heck…"

To enter its grounds, you must be dressed entirely in clothing from that era. If you are carrying anything from the modern world, the house will simply never appear for you.

Matt looks up from his invitation to take a quick glance around his very modern room. His phone, his headset, his three different computers…even the backwards baseball cap on his head has no place at Joey's.

And not only your clothing, but your attitude must reflect the times. I have included your unique characteristics on the back of this invitation.

At this, Justine can't help but stop reading and take a peek at the flip side of her invitation. She reads the role written there, tucks a stray strand of blonde hair behind her ear, and smiles.

My driver will pick you up and take you on a road that can only be driven by his mysterious time-traveling automobile.

Then, almost like magic, the place will appear.

The night of the party arrives. Ten people dress their best, enter the time-traveling automobile, and leave 2016 behind.

Joey's in the bedroom, adjusting his tie and silently stressing, when Arthur enters with the strangest smile on his face. "Joey?"

"Yes?"

"They're here."