The Thunder Breaks

Dinner's going great so far, so GloZell figures now's as good of a time as any to break into song. "Sittin' here with the food/Havin' fun with Jo-eeeeey..."

"Oh my!" Joey's grinning up a storm over there, sitting real pretty at the head of the table like some kind of fancy lord or something.

GloZell grins back and gets to the point. "I wish he'll give me some of that mon-eeeeey!"

Everyone laughs.

"I just got the house, okay?" Joey insists. "I didn't get money."

Oh, sure you didn't, sweetie.

"You could put it on the market," Matt pipes up.

As if. When you get a fancy house like this, why on earth would you ever want to sell it to any random rich guy who comes along? Uh-uh, nope, I'd keep it forever and show it off to all my friends. I mean, think of all the fun we can have here! This place is damn near perfect!

But not quite.

"That Sarah chick is a little scary though," GloZell remarks, vocalizing her one concern with the place as best she can. "That maid?" She grimaces.

"Yeah, she scares me," Joey admits as GloZell does her best creepy maid impression. "I don't know..."

"She needs to work on her makeup," is what Matt has to say about it.

But to be honest, GloZell doesn't think that makeup is gonna fix the problem here. I mean, look at her. She just stands there, scowling at everybody like we all peed in her soup or something...ugh, you'd think she's gonna shoot up a Dairy Queen if we look at her wrong.

When I become Mrs. Joey, and I get into the house, she's the first one that's gotta go.

Oli can't help but notice that quite a few of his fellow guests seem to be kind of...well...gold-diggers. Between Lele eyeing up the entire house and interrogating Joey on how he got it, to GloZell straight-up admitting she wants Joey's cash, they seem to have a lot of girls who want money.

As for Oli himself, he's trying to steer clear of all the money talk. He came here to have a good time, not to fish some extra coins out of Joey's wallet or whatever. He'll leave that to the others.

He has to hand it to the staff though; the food is delicious. Savory pork chops, buttered broccoli, creamy mashed potatoes that just melt in your mouth...it's not quite as good as the kind his mum makes, but it's up there.

"We should place bets to see where we think these two are, first of all," says Justine, gesturing to the empty chairs where Shane and Eva ought to be.

"Yeah, it's been a long time, they can't be in the toilet!" GloZell frowns. "You can't drop deuces that long!"

While she's talking, Oli glances at the entrance to the dining room, hoping to see their two missing friends ready to rejoin the group. Of course, he is once again disappointed; there's still no sign of either Eva or Shane. Oli knows that they're probably either taking forever in the bathroom or (if the more dirty-minded guests are right) making out somewhere, but he still can't help but worry.

What if they're lost? After all, this house is humongous...it's the kind of house you could easily get lost in...and who knows what's waiting up those stairs...

Sierra literally couldn't care less where Shane and Eva are. Sure, this house is big and all, and she still isn't quite sure what's taking them so long. But they're both adults; they can take care of themselves. Honestly, a part of Sierra wishes she'd gone with them...after all, it's fun to go exploring, and Shane is kind of cute, even if he can be a bit of a troublemaker sometimes.