RIP

Eva's in shock. After everything that's happened so far, she thought she could handle anything this crazy house threw at her. But that was before the demons told them—no, ordered them—to murder one of their friends.

Buried alive...

She should have known. Caroline's story was a warning, an urgent message from beyond the grave. She was taken against her will, buried in this very coffin, and died of suffocation after hours of crippling fear. And now, someone in this group is about to suffer a similar fate.

Eva's never been so scared in her life.

Arthur, however, seems completely unaffected. "Each of you come up here and write the name of the person that you think should go in the coffin," he says in a calm voice, holding out his hat. "The more votes for a single person go in there, the better chance of me drawing the name, but it's still up to draw."

Stay calm, Eva orders herself, trying her hardest to keep a straight face. Don't let them see you sweat. You're gonna make it. You're gonna be okay.

But is she? No one is safe. Her name could go in there. She could be buried alive. This...this could be it.

To be fair, the other members of the group seem just as scared as she is. Justine's a whimpering mess. Matt's got his head in his hands. Tim's muttering something to himself. And Joey...Joey turns to face the group, a twinge of fear hiding in the corners of his frown. "I am so sorry that you guys got invited and messed up in this," he says, breathing heavily, "but...please, do not put me in this coffin."

Eva sighs. This is too hard. No one deserves such a terrible fate. Why can't they do something else? Anything else? Another challenge? Another puzzle? Heck, she preferred the ungodly machine to this sadistic scenario.

But no. They have no other choice. Someone has to go.

The question is...who?

Coffins?

Buried alive?

Oh, God...

Justine can hear her frightened heart booming in her ears. She's hyperventilating, downing gulps of air as if they're bowls of lifesaving medicine. Her legs are useless rubber beneath her. Her mind's a tangled mess of fear, disbelief, and despair.

Why? Why this? Why does it have to be this? She doesn't like coffins, she doesn't want to watch a friend get buried alive, she sure as hell doesn't want to get buried alive herself...is this house trying to break her?

Of course it is. Who is she kidding? This party's been a nightmare ever since Shane got poisoned. It's the evil's fault. It's messing with them. It's playing on their deepest fears. Shane's dead, Andrea's dead, and now someone else is gonna die in the worst goddamn way possible. Underground. Buried. Trapped. Suffocating.

I wanna go home I wanna go home I wanna go home I wanna go home...

"Who do we think's been working with the spirit?" pipes up Matt, still playing detective after all this time. "Because someone's been orchestrating this entire thing..."

And then, much to Justine's horror, the group turns on her.

"I think iJustine!"

"Justine!"

"I think we should put Justine in the coffin!"

"Justine! I think it was Justine!"

"I will not..." Justine forces the words out of her suddenly dry throat. "I won't go!"