Judas Among Us

It's been two minutes since Oli's revelation, and everyone's already screaming at each other like they're a bunch of baboons in a cage. Except for Joey. Joey's sitting there, saying nothing, trying his hardest not to get caught in the crossfire.

"Who's the rat?"

"It's her, isn't it!"

"I think—"

"It's not me!"

"You're—"

"One of you guys—"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

"One of us is the killer!"

The "someone's working with the evil" bombshell is enough to make Joey want to crawl into the nearest cupboard and never come out again. He's already lost two of his friends to this house; the only thing that kept him going was the belief that those who remain are all good people. People he knows. People he trusts. People who don't deserve to die.

And now...well, apparently, one of his friends is no friend at all. Someone—someone in this room—wants them dead.

But who?

"How did you even see it from that far?" Lele snaps at Oli.

"I have good vision!"

"Bullshit!"

"We can't blame it all on one person," says Oli, his voice calm. "It could genuinely be any of us."

Well, thinks Joey, at least someone's trying to be the voice of reason in this mess.

Justine points at Arthur and Sarah, who have been standing in the back doing nothing this entire time. "What about these two back here?"

"We could blame you too!" shouts GloZell, jabbing a gloved finger at Oli.

To which Oli replies, "Who's to say it's not you?"

"Zappa-dap-doop-dap-doop-dap-no!"

After GloZell's nonsensical rant of gibberish is over, the entire group devolves into a shouting mess. Accusations are flying like missiles, Matt and Lele are screaming at each other, Sierra's practically in tears, and Joey can't bring himself to meet his friends' furious eyes.

Someone's working with the evil, and to be honest, this information doesn't surprise Matt in the slightest. All these notes, the car blowing up, Shane, Andrea...demons or no demons, there has to be someone to blame.

As for who's working with the evil, well...of course Lele is still his prime suspect. She's bossy, self-centered, and all-around insufferable, not to mention the only one here with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. If anyone here is capable of orchestrating a grand plot to kill them all, it's her.

But after the incident with the ungodly machine, another possibility has arisen. Yes, she's his friend, and yes, her personality is nowhere near as horrid as Lele's, but her behavior has become too suspicious to be ignored. Heck, she killed Andrea; she practically admitted it not five minutes ago. He can't let their friendship cloud his judgement anymore. He has to—he must—

"Justine took out Andrea." He tries to keep his voice steady, but there's still a few shades of anger and regret. "She sabotaged the entire death machine." Jenna Ezarik pops into his mind, and it takes all of Matt's willpower to ignore her. "It's gotta be Justine."

Shock and horror (and perhaps a bit of guilt) dance their way across Justine's pale face. "I told her not to pick me cause I'm stupid!" she screams, her eyes flickering with fear.