Don't Leave Me, Please

Evan POV:

The September day had arrived. Avril was going to be absolutely heartbroken. We were so close, but since I have the opportunity to have a solo music career I had to leave. And also I don't think I will be able to look at Avril & know I cannot have her because she engaged to my other bandmate.
This is going to be horrible.  

We have a two room hotel suite so when I woke up I walked over to her room.
"Av, wake up!" I said, nudging her gently. 
"Hmmm, oh, Evan good morning." She said with a yawn. 
She opened her eyes just long enough to see a morning sparkle in them. God, she was so pretty.
I wanted to stare at her face forever.
"Come on, we have a sound check for our show tonight in 20 minutes." I said.
"Shit!" She cursed as she did a stumble-run out of bed.
She got ready quickly and we rushed over to the studio.
After we were done I could tell she knew something was wrong.
"What's wrong?" She asked me.
"God, Avril. I don't know how to say this. Before I do remember it has nothing to do with you at all." Which was partially a lie. I could see the worry on her face.
"I'm leaving the band tomorrow. I'm sorry but-" 
My words were cut off by her sobs.
"Oh my God! No, Evan, you can't. You're my best friend I could never live a single day without you. Don't leave me, please!" Her voice was shaky and urgent.
She ran into my arms and cried even more. Her sobs hurt me even more. 
I loved her too much to let her go.

Avril POV:

"This is why." I barely managed to choke out.
He pulled away and looked at me.
"What do you mean?" He asked
"Deryck doesn't hold me while I cry. He doesn't say the things you do. He doesn't make me feel comfortable when I'm exposed. I need you in my life, desperately. You cannot leave me high and dry like this. I won't be able to move on, ever, if you leave me now. I need here right now. I need you so much right now. I might even-" I paused, not being able to even comprehend what I was saying.
"I don't mean to be rude," He began "but why are you with Deryck anyway?"
Why? Why? Because I can't have you, Evan.
"Because I love him." I lied. 

Evan POV:

I could sense something off about what she had just said. There was a lie in between those words, I knew it.
"Are you lying to me?" I asked, already knowing the answer.
"Well, I may not love him but he's decent enough to marry." She said nervously.
"I just want to know that you'll be happy with him." I said.
"I will, I promise." 
I could tell she was lying again but I didn't bring it up.

Avril POV:

After the show, I went up to Evan. 
"Evan, is there any possible way for you to stay? Anything you can do?" I was so close to pleading and begging on my knees. 
"No, I'm so sorry Avril. But listen to me. You are so tough and strong. You are the most perfect, gorgeous, talented person in the world. You have everybody thinking that every day, you don't need me to tell you that. And trust me, even the worst case of amnesia would never make me forget you. Just keep holding on, you'll make it through. I love you, Avril, okay, I love you.
His words were so sincere, so real. They were perfect.