• 57 •

After a while, I get a hold of myself and my emotions. I then decide to get up and wash the dishes. I open the tap and black, murky water flows through. I then check the cupboards for any bottled water and locate an entire stack. I hear a soft moan and look up to see my girl sleep talking. I immediately return my interest to the water, suddenly feeling thirsty. I chug down a bottle and chuck it in the trash can, not caring. I walk up to my girl and find her mumbling. Why do I feel this way? She's just so fucking cute. I can't. I hear a noise of crashing metal. I peak behind the curtains and discover a walker who had just bumped in to the stop sign. However, that wasn't it. How the hell?
     "What is it?" my girl asks.
     "Shit, girlie, we've gotta leav'," I state and close the curtains.
     "Why? We just got here," she says and yawns. 
     "Look outsid'," I say and she gets up slowly to peer through the fabric. Her eyes widen at the sight and she looks at me with a determined expression.
     "We can take them out," she replies and I shake my head.
     "No, ther' ar' too many," I tell her. She ignores me and pushes the couch out of the way. I stop her. "Girlie, stop. I don't want yo' pret'y face to get hurt."
     "Then help me," she says and continues anyway. I sigh in defeat and she spots her axe.  Cautiously, we head outside and the walkers begin to throw themselves at us. "Let the games begin!"
     She swings her axe while I assist her, knocking out walkers in every direction. I could feel myself going insane. The rush of adventure and having my woman beside me. We take down multiple of them and I could begin to feel my body giving up on me. My girl still moves on, stronger than ever. It begins to rain. First, it was miniature raindrops that turned in to a full-blown thunderstorm.
     "We've gotta head ba'k," I yell.
     From the corner of my eye, I watch as the walker pounces on her, taking advantage of the brief moment where she stopped killing to sneeze. I rush to her side and shoot an arrow. She hoists herself up and nods. I grab her hand and lead my girl inside a house, slamming the door and barricading it with sofas and any piece of furniture. I leave on couch for her to rest on. I close all the curtains and blinds on the first floor so that the walkers wouldn't be able to see us. Although the sounds were loud and annoying, all I care about is if she's okay. 
     "Her', tak' this," I say and hand her a bottle of water. 
     "Thanks," she croaks and takes a sip of the liquid, shuddering. I place a hand on her forehead and she sneezes.
     "Go tak' a show'r and chang'," I order and she shakes her head weakly.
     "I can't," she responds stubbornly.
     "Why?" I ask and she sneezes.
     "I feel like shit, that's why," she says and I sigh, picking her up from the couch bridal style.